• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

suggestions wanted

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Guys,
I have a situation, hope you might be able to help me out.
I have a table in oracle in which i store a picture file as a blob object, i use an EJB which takes a byte stream as an argument for the same column. NOw i have to create a administrative GUI by which the user will be able to upload the picture and provide information for the other columns also.THe form will have a browse button for the file selection and corresponding upload, but for this the form send multipart data and i will have to use a datainputstream to read it, which will now contain both the image file as well as other table related information.How will i be able to seperate the content from one another ie the file from the other fields the user fills in because using the multipart data wont allow the normal request.getParameter syntax.And i cannot submit 2 different forms as another option because i need the other info user submits to get the handle on that row.
Lookin forward to your response.
Regards.
Daman

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Jason Hunter has a get tool for doing file uploads that he wrote for his Servlets book. Go to http://www.servlets.com to download it. No use inventing someone else's wheel.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic