• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

pass object using servlet to .asp ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I am just starting to look at servlets. I have been using JSP / java beans with Java Studio Creator.

I have an almost working shopping cart and now want to pass an encrypted object from my app to a payment service provider on a url of xxxx/hghg/foo.asp. Could anyone give me an idea of how to pass the object to the servlet for it to pass to the payment service providers site.

I am sure this is basic and thanks for reading this.

Regards

Jim
[ May 29, 2006: Message edited by: Bear Bibeault ]

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The first thing to do would be to look at the documentation that your payment provider has given you. If you are new to web programming then it's quite possible you won't understand it, but it's impossible for us to even guess what it says. So if there are some things there you don't understand, then by all means ask about them here.

It sounds like you do have some instructions, since you refer to that "foo.asp" page, but you might want to double-check with the payment provider to make sure that's all the instructions there are.

Jim Ascroft
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Paul,
Thanks for that.

What the PSP requires is to be passed info from an HTML form with the action set to a submission URL with 4 hidden fields.The last field in name = value fields seperated by "&" . The string then encypted using a simple XOR algorithm and susequently Base64 encoded for safe transport in the HTML form.(The encrypt mmethods have been supplied by the PSP)
Now what I want to do is pass this info from the encrypted String object to the PSP. I have completed the rest of the cart app.
I can not use HTML Post with Studio Creator (It uses JSF components) so how would I pass the info to the PSP ?

Regards

Jim

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic