• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

flash in java

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
hey, i was wondering if anyone knew of any ways of embedding flash within a java app?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Do you really mean embedding Flash in a Java application? Or do you mean using Flash within a Web application that uses Java on the server side?

If you mean the former, presumably you want some way to embed Flash within a Java (Swing?) GUI. It sounds like the sort of thing for which someone might have worked-out a solution, but I suspect that solution would involve native code, not just pure Java.

Did you Google yet?

Evan Pierce
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
im working on a 2d game and i want to display a .swf movie behind my game. and yes ive googled but havent come up with anything useful.

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Ruby Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I look for this the other day -- I forget the search terms that I used; try Java + Flash + Player

I did come across JFlash -- unfortuntatley, JFlash is ContributionWare -- you can only use it if you contribute to the project!

JFlashPlayer]/URL] is commercial ware, and [URL=http://www.jswiff.com/]JSwiff is more .SWF creation than viewer, although it might be worth looking at to see if it has some viewer in it somewhere.

Caveat: I havn't evaluated any of these, so I don't know how suitable they might be.
[ July 27, 2006: Message edited by: Joel McNary ]

Evan Pierce
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
upon further research i found that JMF supports up to flash2. how would one go about displaying a flash2 video with JMF? the animation im trying to display is very simple and im pretty sure flash2 could handle it.

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The JMF pages list a number of code samples on how to embed a player. I would imagine that it makes little difference what kind of format the embedded content has.

QT4J (QuickTime for Java) can also handle Flash -and I think something much more recent than Flash 2-, but I'm not sure if you can draw on top of it.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic