aspose file tools*
The moose likes Ranch Office and the fly likes I propose Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » This Site » Ranch Office
Bookmark "I propose "GOOD INTENTIONS/Repository of Proposals about Ideal Forum" forum " Watch "I propose "GOOD INTENTIONS/Repository of Proposals about Ideal Forum" forum " New topic
Author

I propose "GOOD INTENTIONS/Repository of Proposals about Ideal Forum" forum

Ajith Kallambella
Sheriff

Phew! One less thorn in the butt..I feel like flying
Angela Poynton
Ranch Hand

Very well put Paul!! I know when you've been seriously riled when you say something so eloquent!

Pounding at a thick stone wall won't move it, sometimes, you need to step back to see the way around.
Kathy Sierra
Cowgirl and Author
Ranch Hand

I have to agree with the trail boss.
javaranch has a mission and core value to be: "a friendly place for Java greenhorns".
The site is entirely free to guests, thanks to Paul and the moderators, and it is a miracle that so many THOUSANDS of people really do feel like welcome guests. And that's what we are here, GUESTS. If the moderators even *perceive* that an individual is seriously standing in the way of that mission, that individual belongs somewhere else.
I believe we should think of javaranch as the giant house (ranch-style, 120 acres, two barns and chicken coop) where all the moderators live (now *there's* an image ) and they are our hosts at a never-ending dinner party. They have the right to decide that someone is being 'rude' in their home.
If someone is being rude at MY dinner party, and other guests *feel* as though they are being deliberately insulted, I'd ask them to leave. And in my home, I'm not even required to provide an explanation or justification. I certainly wouldn't take months and months to build a case. It's my home.
Javaranch is a home, and we are guests. It's up to javaranch hosts to decide what is acceptable in their home.
-- thank you Paul and moderators!
-cowgirl
javaranch is a privilege not a right.

(just like spandex)

Co-Author of <a href="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596007124/ref=jranch-20" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">"Head First Design Patterns"</a><br /> <br />Just a Jini girl living in a J2EE world.
Rufus BugleWeed
Ranch Hand

Has GV started a new ID here?
Cindy Glass
"The Hood"
Sheriff

Not unless G Vanin has started going to Arizona State University :roll: .

"JavaRanch, where the deer and the Certified play" - David O'Meara
Mark Spritzler
ranger
Sheriff

Now that's why Paul is the TrailBoss. Nicely put, and thanks for sticking up for us.
Mark

Perfect World Programming, LLC - Two Laptop Bag - Tube Organizer
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way FAQ
Sudharsan Govindarajan
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Paul Wheaton:
Plus, there are a lot of people that have been begging me to boot you off of JavaRanch and I have not maintained a list of all those e-mails, so this public message should let them know that their humble request is in process.

Thanks paul! Here is a public request. Please get Mr.Vanin out ASAP! It is so hurting to see volunteers get hurt by 'vanin's.
sudharsan
[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Sudharsan G'rajan ]

Joy is a radiation

It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.

subject: I propose "GOOD INTENTIONS/Repository of Proposals about Ideal Forum" forum