The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes Study group for the SCJP exam - March-April 2001 Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Android Security Essentials Live Lessons this week in the Android forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "Study group for the SCJP exam - March-April 2001" Watch "Study group for the SCJP exam - March-April 2001" New topic
Author

Study group for the SCJP exam - March-April 2001

Ideal Me
Greenhorn

Hi, all the group memebers, I'd like to join though it seems late for me. I'm going to take the exam in a week, I haven't prepared well, however I have to hurry in taking the exam for some reason. God bless me.
I'd like to know you all and share the experiences.
Ideal
Subramaniam Venkatesan
Ranch Hand

hi all,
great! we have lot of members.
post your doubts or questions and lets starts working on it...
dont wait, just post your doubts.
and best of luck for your exam.. idealme2k+1
Gayathri Jagannathan
Greenhorn

Hai All,
I am Gayathri working for an MNC as software engg.
I am planning to take up my Certification in mid april.\
Please include me in the study group
Regards
Gayathri

Gayathri
anamika bhutani
Greenhorn

Hi all
I am not a new user to this site but want that you should add me onto your list as I am preparing for my certification. I have completed Heller and now going for Kalid Mughal
My email id is anamika21@123india.com
Thanks
Anamika

------------------
Amit, Jhalani
Greenhorn

Hi All,
I am alos planning to appear in the and of april. I am from jacksonville Florida.
Please include me in ur group.
Thanks
Amit Jhalani
Anshu
Greenhorn

Hi all,
I want to join ur study group. I am teaching in computer institute and also preparing for jcp hoping to give in april end.
I have no prog. exp just theoretical knowledge. So u guys can help me
Bye
Anshu
srinivasrao marri
Ranch Hand

i am happy to join in the group, i was going to take scjp exam on mid of aprial. for that i was following khalid&mughal and suns corejava. after completing the syllabbee i want to take the mock tests.
i request all of the group members to give any suggestions regarding my preperation pattern.
thankyou
srinivas
Tom Hennigan
Ranch Hand

I would like to participate in this group. I found Java one year ago and completed a class at a community college (which I ended up teaching, because I learned faster than the teacher - he paid me). Finding myself between jobs at the end of a Visual Basic development project, I posted on computerjobs.com for only Java positions, and accepted one out of Denver, CO. So far, I have worked on one project developing and using EJB and JDBC, one project using servlets, javamail, JDBC, and a third using servlets and JDBC. Over past three months, my company has placed me in a PC tech support position, and I have studied for SJPC --- and failed yesterday with only 34 out 59. I received 12 fill-in-the-blanks and decided to use no quotes whatsoever. There are no directions about using quotes, or not. I still do not know whether you should use quotes or not.
Nonetheless, I would love to participate in your group as I plan a re-take after working with you, and my RHE and Mughal and JQPlus. I am not a total rookie, and the exam did not seem that tough, but it must be tricky. I think that I can add to your efforts and gain from them, too. Please inform of what I need to do next.

Tom Hennigan<P>Sun Certified Java 2 Platform Programmer
Subramaniam Venkatesan
Ranch Hand

Hi Tom,
Relax. THis time you will make it. Sure about it.
About the jcp, I have few similar questions. dubious questions
ofcourse. Post your doubts here nad lets starts achieving it.
I have changed my plans now, I am taking it in April.
You can mail to the members part from the mail above with
your name in the subject and the password is scjp
Since the above can't be edited I will post a similar form in my site, anyone can use it to post there queries.
Subbu
Sandeep Ghosh
Greenhorn

Hi EveryBody,
Could you add me to the study group.I am an instructor.Currently I am teaching Java.Priviously I was involved in programming in VB.I am thinking of sitting for SCJP in May.
My email is sandeepghosh@hotmail.com
------------------
yun jiang
Greenhorn

Hi, everyone
My name is Yun, I am a chinese girl. I have more background in Biology than in computer science, but I am always interested in learning anything new. I plan to take SCJP exam in June and I'd like to join the study group.
Thank you all.
Yun Jiang
priya dharma
Greenhorn

Hey everyone,
This is like the perfect group for me, coz i am also planning on giving my JCP on 15th april.So i think the idea of keeping us inspired from each other is very good !!
So please include me in your group!!
Thanks,
Priya
My email is : priyamb2001@yahoo.com
priya dharma
Greenhorn

Hey all,
I forgot to give my intro in my first mail.
My background is totally different than computers,I have done my masters in Microbiology but i am interested in lot of different subjects.
For that I have done two courses in java Programming in which i found Java very interesting !!But i am still learning a lot of new things and also preparing for the JCP, so i'll need a lot of help from you all out there.
Bye for now and have a nice day!
Priya
mina ketham
Greenhorn

Hey Guys,
I'm a veterinary doctor preparing for scjp2 from the past two months . Planning to take the test on Apr'8th.I would love to join your study group. worked a little on java. Please include me
thank you all
my email:sumidhir@hotmail.com
John Bateman
Ranch Hand

Hi
I'd love to be part of this study group, I am planning on writing hte exam in April or mid May at the latest.
How do we get together? How does this group work?

SOURCE CODE should be SURROUNDED by "code" tags.
Subramaniam Venkatesan
Ranch Hand

OKAY I HAVE COMPLETED 75% OF MY PREPARATION.
LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT OTHERS.
IF THE PREVIOUS MAIL DOESN'T WORK THEN YOU CAN MAIL YOUR
DOUBTS TO OTHER MEMBERS HERE.. <FORM ACTION="http://subs197.virtualave.net/scjp_group" METHOD=POST><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="J2K" VALUE="JAVARANCH"><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="CLICK TO EMAIL-MEMBERS"></FORM>
PLEASE POST YOUR DOUBTS AND PASS THE LINKS TO DIFFERENT SITES THAT INTERESTS YOU IN THIS FORUM/(MAIL IT)

The password is scjp

[This message has been edited by Subramaniam Venkatesan (edited March 14, 2001).]

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Study group for the SCJP exam - March-April 2001