aspose file tools*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes FREE BETA - JAVA PROGRAMMER CERTIFICATION EXAM Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Java 8 in Action this week in the Java 8 forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "FREE BETA - JAVA PROGRAMMER CERTIFICATION EXAM" Watch "FREE BETA - JAVA PROGRAMMER CERTIFICATION EXAM" New topic
Author

FREE BETA - JAVA PROGRAMMER CERTIFICATION EXAM

Khalid Rizwan
Greenhorn

Hi everybody,
Even I have signed up at sun's site 4 days back, but didn't get confirmation till now. Is Prometric Number necessary? I dont have any Prometric Number. How to get it? I have put my pasport number in that field. Is this correct??
Plz suggest what should I do.
Regards,
Khalid Rizwan
khalidrizwan@rediffmail.com

regards<p>Khalid Rizwan
Sigfred Zamo
Ranch Hand

I got my confirmation 2 hours after sending my e-mail, I putted my passport number too, most likely beta exams quota has been filled up..
[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: Sigfred Zamo ]

Sigfred Zamo<br />Software Development<p><a href="http://www.sigfredo.ingenieros.net/index2.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">My page</a>
Dirk Schreckmann
Sheriff

Khalid, welcome to JavaRanch!
I, too, recently applied to be considered for the beta test. I think we both may have applied too late to be considered. Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that beta testers were no longer being considered after the 12th (I think) of April.
The best source of information on whether your passport number will suffice would probably be to contact the people over at Sun's Educational Services.
If I get any response from Sun, I'll let you know.
Good Luck.
[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: Dirk Schreckmann ]

[How To Ask Good Questions] [JavaRanch FAQ Wiki] [JavaRanch Radio]
Younes Essouabni
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Hope May:
I called Sun training(800-422-8020) today. They told me that the registration for this free beta test is closed since last Friday (4/12).
Has anyone signed up for the test and got a confirmation after last Friday?

I got my confirmation today.

Younes
By constantly trying one ends up succeeding. Thus: the more one fails the more one has a chance to succeed.
Paul Michael
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Younes Essouabni:

I got my confirmation today.

yey! so there's still hope.

SCJP 1.2 (89%), SCWCD 1.3 (94%), IBM 486 (90%), SCJA Beta (96%), SCEA (91% / 77%), SCEA 5 P1 (77%), SCBCD 5 (85%)
Suman Dass
Greenhorn

i'm taking SCJP on 29th April. Is it manadatory for me to take the new version or is it optional?
expecting reply soon
Paul Michael
Ranch Hand

the new 1.4 exam is for beta testing only. it'll run for about a month (from apr25 to may 17). so i think the final version won't be available anytime soon and that you would still have to take the old version of the exam if you're appearing on the 29th.
you can also apply as a beta tester if you're interested. i just hope they're still taking in applicants. i myself haven't received confirmation yet.
Allan Moster
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Paul Michael Laborte:
the new 1.4 exam is for beta testing only. it'll run for about a month (from apr25 to may 17). so i think the final version won't be available anytime soon and that you would still have to take the old version of the exam if you're appearing on the 29th.

If you passed the beta exam, I don't think you still need to take "old version". You'll also get the certificate and the pin if you passed the beta exam.
Paul Michael
Ranch Hand

yup Allan's right! who would want to get 1.2 certified if you're already 1.4 certified?
Paul Michael
Ranch Hand

it's already the 25th of april here in the philippines... and still no confirmation from sun. it looks like we didn't make the list after all...
Himanshu Jhamb
Ranch Hand

Same case for me.
I tried to register twice.
No email from Sun as yet! I put my SSN in the application pg. (Since thats what they asked for there).
Guess I missed out, too.

Himanshu Jhamb<br />SCJP2 v1.2 (April 2002)<br />SCJP2 v1.4 (May 2002)
vinita Kh
Ranch Hand

Hey Guys,
I got confirmation mail from Sun tody only.
Even I have signed up 3 times at Sun's site.
I'll be given 161 questions to be finished in 4 hrs.
so cheer up!,there is still hope for all those u haven't made it till now.
All the best,
Vinita
Paul Michael
Ranch Hand

hey Himanshu i also have a little confession to make. i also signed up twice. one using the form at the sun site and the other one thru email.
well i hope vinita's right... i so want to be a beta tester.
Clive Rodrigues
Greenhorn

Why isn't the SCJP 1.4 311-035 beta exam on the prometric website? It should have been up by now.
Anup Engineer
Ranch Hand

No, I dont think they r going to list this exam on the site..I had to call up the 1-800 number given with the confirmation email..and they got me registered on the phone..
HTH.

Anup Engineer
Tony kunds
Greenhorn

Is the voucher number sufficient for registering Beta 1.4 or should i have the prometric id.
Junilu Lacar
Bartender

it's already the 25th of april here in the philippines... and still no confirmation from sun. it looks like we didn't make the list after all...

Magandang araw, kabayan! (that means "Good day!" to all you Tagalog-challenged)
It looks like y'all are out of luck The beta period starts today and I would think that the available slots (I'm assuming there's a limited number) would have been filled pretty quickly after the announcement. I still may be wrong though so keep crossing your fingers!
Junilu
Tony kunds
Greenhorn

Is the voucher number suffiecint or should I have a Prometic ID to register for this exam.
And also i want to know if any one got their confirmation recently.
ie on or after 24th APR
Paul Michael
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Junilu Lacar:

Magandang araw, kabayan! (that means "Good day!" to all you Tagalog-challenged)
It looks like y'all are out of luck The beta period starts today and I would think that the available slots (I'm assuming there's a limited number) would have been filled pretty quickly after the announcement. I still may be wrong though so keep crossing your fingers!
Junilu

kamusta?! (how are you doin?) wow may kababayan akong bartender! we're not worthy! a little bird told me that you're also from here and so i immediately checked your profile... hope to see more of you here in javaranch!
as for the beta exam... oh well... :roll:
Doug Wang
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Evelyn Thompson:
[QB]The objectives are as follows:
- Language Fundamentals
- Flow Control, Assertions, and Exception Handling
- Threads
- Fundamental Classes in the java.lang package
- The Collections Framework
- Overloading, Overriding, Runtime Type and Object Orientation
- Operators and Assignments
- Garbage Collection
- Declarations and Access Control
QB]

Thanks Evelyn for the objectives list.
But I wonder which I/O package this beta test covers, java.io or java.nio?
Thanks, Doug.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep
Doug Wang
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Junilu Lacar:

Junilu,
Do you make sure that there's a limited number to take the beta test?
Doug.
Kevin Postlewaite
Greenhorn

FYI, when I tried to sign up for the Beta, I got an email saying that all of the spaces have already been filled
Younes Essouabni
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Doug Wang:

Thanks Evelyn for the objectives list.
But I wonder which I/O package this beta test covers, java.io or java.nio?
Thanks, Doug.

I/O and AWT are not covered in this Beta Test.
I also applied two times before having an answer, the second time was through Evelyne's mail.
Good luck for all the others.
Doug Wang
Ranch Hand

Thanks Younes,
I wonder when did you apply for the free test?
I also receive a frustrating mail which reads there is no space available in the Beta. What shall I do next, apply again or give up?
Doug.
Junilu Lacar
Bartender

Doug,
The confirmation email I got from Sun included a request to inform them if I could not use the voucher by May 17 so that they could give it to someone else. That and the fact they told you there was no more space seems to confirm that they have a limited number of slots alloted for the beta exam.
Realistically, I think the chances now are pretty slim. But then again, you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket...I suppose you could try to register again in a week or so, maybe you'll get lucky and get a returned voucher. Good luck!
Junilu
Alvin Tan
Greenhorn

[QB]the new 1.4 exam is for beta testing only. it'll run for about a month (from apr25 to may 17). so i think the final version won't be available anytime soon and that you would still have to take the old version of the exam if you're appearing on the 29th.
QB]

Hi,
I'm thinking of taking the 1.4 exam instead of the current one being offered. When do you think this will come out (before the year ends, I hope)?
Thanks
Himanshu Jhamb
Ranch Hand

Does anyone know what the passing %age is on the beta exam ?
Jackie Wang
Ranch Hand

I have sent an email for registering for beta exam couple weeks ago.
Should I just include name+city+country+email
I don't have any prometric number. Is that ok?
Which sun website should I go for giving another try to register again?
Thanks!
R K Singh
Ranch Hand

too late ......
now they are registering for Solaris 9 Sun Certified System and Network Administration beta exams on the same e-mail id(reg4beta@central.sun.com)
so go ahead for Solaris beta test......
I tried to register today and been regsterd for the above test. (wish that they won't confirm my registration)

"Thanks to Indian media who has over the period of time swiped out intellectual taste from mass Indian population." - Chetan Parekh

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: FREE BETA - JAVA PROGRAMMER CERTIFICATION EXAM