It's not a secret anymore!*
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes Vote here: I'm studying for the SCJP 1.5 exam Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Bookmark "Vote here: I Watch "Vote here: I New topic
Author

Vote here: I'm studying for the SCJP 1.5 exam

Pranav Bhatt
Ranch Hand

Hi all,
M too preparing for SCJP 1.5 because of the following reasons.
1-:It's the latest one,so why not be the among the few ones then being jaut another face in 1.4 crowd.
2-: Sooner or later 1.5 will replace 1.4,so it will pay you off on future.Isnt't it?
vinodhini Ramasubramanian
Greenhorn

I have planned to take up tiger.. But my colleagues suggest to take up 1.4...But i want to take this up as a challenge and also want to keep myself updated with the latest version, so have started preparing for 1.5
YJ Lee
Greenhorn

I am preparing for 1.5 SCJP, too.

1)It's the latest so should be greatest.
2)Since I am a Java newbee, it will take a lot of time to be ready to take the exam. If I am study for 1.4 now, I'm afraid that it might be obsolete by the time I am ready for that exam finally.

YJ
archnamathur
Greenhorn

Hi Bert,
I opted for 1.5 because it is the latest version. I m a fresher and wanna learn the advanced portions along with the original stuff so as to work upon with more efficiency when i use JAVA at work.
Thanks,
Archna
(All the Best to ALL !!)
kiran kumar
Greenhorn

i am too preparing for SCJP 1.5
because it is the latest and has got quite new features which might become new practices in java world(generics,enhanced for loop etc).
Jeremy Boyer
Greenhorn

SCJP 5 all the way. Taking exam tomorrow morning. Good luck to everyone else taking the exam soon. See above posts for the reasons I'm taking SCJP 5
Allen Bandela
Ranch Hand

SCJP 1.5 Its the latest, thats why
Kaise a.Zakkar
Ranch Hand

Hi guys
Hi Bert
me toooooooooo
I have got the 1.4 ,two years ago , and i plan to go through the 1.5
after i finish the j2EE certifications path

[ May 02, 2006: Message edited by: Kaise a.Zakkar ]

"Nothing is harder on your aurels than resting on them."<br />SCJP 1.4 89%,,SCJA 80%,SCWCD1.4 81%
Brad Clarke
Greenhorn

I am studying for SCJP 5.

My reasons?

1. Required by employer to meet corporate requirements related to solution centres.
2. I chose SCJP 5 since it is the latest version.
3. I expect the 1.4 exam will be phased out at some point in the near future. No sense studying for 1.4 and then have to take an upgrade exam down the road.
[ May 02, 2006: Message edited by: Brad Clarke ]
Kishore Balla
Ranch Hand

Even I'm preparing for SCJP 1.5

SCJP 5.0 : 88% My Story, SCWCD 1.4 : 94% My Story
kishoreballa.com
Vijendra Runwal
Ranch Hand

I am going for scjp 1.4.
I have much to do in java 1.4 .i have just started preparing for the same. Once i get that then i will go for scjp5(can b done with upgradation exam if any).
Step By Step One Reaches top of Mountain

[ May 03, 2006: Message edited by: Vijendra Runwal ]

SCJP 1.4,SCWCD
ashok thegame
Greenhorn

Hi i have decided to take up the java 1.5 because of its features!

Mushkan Desai
Greenhorn

i am going for SCJP 5.0 because its the latest version and i want to study the latest topics in Java.
Leigh Su
Greenhorn

I'm done SCJP 1.5. I was studying it last month.
Why 1.5?
1.challenge. Always go for the newest knowledge.
2.Possible to pass. With the big help from your book, sir, it is very much possible to pass the exam.

SCJP 5, SCWCD 1.4, SCBCD 1.3
Jorg Klein
Ranch Hand

I also study for 1.5
I tried to get certified a few months back.. failed with 49%..
After that I bought the K&B book but I did not have time to study yet.
My normal IT study takes to much time now..
I want to try to get certified this summer again..
Amit Goyal
Ranch Hand

Preparing for SCJP 1.5

Bcz of Cool features like:
Generics
Enums
RegEx &
Static imports.

Regards,

Amit Goyal
Deepti Padiyar
Ranch Hand

Tiger anytime.... it's the latest.. y not? I'd worked with 1.4, now I am confident of SE 5.0 because I've implemented code while studying for the exam. The best way to study and learn a new language is to just go for it rather than shying away from it... While learning for the exam, I have questioned objectives , read the API, and written code to justify beliefs. All thanks to my decision to give this exam.

Regards,
Sumita.

Regards,<br />Deepti.
saied ims
Ranch Hand

really i was thinking in 1.4 but the new version is always the best so lets deal with this Tiger
G Alex
Greenhorn

Hai ...

I am also preparing for the SCJP 1.5..

Bye
Beenish Zaidi
Greenhorn

Hi.
I am preparing for 1.5 as well. First

a)It's the latest version available and considered to be
the real challenge.

b)By studying it, i really wana understand, the basic foundation
of programming, though i am a programmer, but i think, a certification
which is considered to be challenging, if i compelte it, then it will
enhance more my Moral as a Progammer, as i always have been shaky to
approach problems.

Cheers,
Ben

"The Men of Character in peace are the men of Courage in War"
Raj Gaurav Mishra
Greenhorn

hi..

I want to start with SCJP 1.5 coz it is latest..

CHeeRS!!!

I m newbee..
Watsh Rajneesh
Ranch Hand

I am taking scjp 1.5 on 15th May, 06. I opted for scjp 1.5 as i wanted to get certified in the latest one so that i dont then need to upgrade soon. Also my reason was to learn the new features in the language while preparing for the exam.

SCJP 5.0 (90%), SCDJWS 1.4 (88%), SCWCD 1.4 (82%), SCBCD 1.3 (85%)
Ashok George
Ranch Hand

i am also preparing for SCJP 1.5
Holger Noll
Greenhorn

I am preparing for the SCJP 5 exam. I think it is better to be prepare for the last version so I don't need to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 later.
Firas Zuriekat
Ranch Hand

I am studying for SCJP 1.5...

This may sound weird but I searched on Amazon for a good java SCJP book (i.e. good in the sense it ranks high on Amazon by a very large number of readers).

When I found out that my time will be focused more on the exam rather than on Java, I felt happy and knew that the book is the most efficient book to SCJP 1.5.

I am not against the authors (for other books) talking about their industry experience and stuff not directly related directly to the exam. I just really wanted to focus on the exam and burn only the most relevant concepts in my head, it gets too hot to burn everything anyway. That's because I have limited memory :-) and don't want to scatter my thoughts.
Yogendra Joshi
Ranch Hand

Wo Bert ! , This seems to be an interseting Question.

Now , As all said this is the latest version of the exam , I am going for it , secondly its because it has advance topics like Generics and Collections , Var-Args , Static imports which are just the topics new to Java 5.

This is for the first time i am going for a Professional Certification and the best way would be to go for the latest exam which not only will prove helpful for me in getting a good job but also will help me keep pace with the current realease of J2SE.

Yogendra Joshi.

Meri Zindagi Hain Tab Tak.. Jab Tak Tera Sahara.... Har Taraf Tu Hi Tu Hain SAI Tera Hi Hain Nazara.....
Ganesha Kumar
Ranch Hand

I am preparing for SCJP1.5 for the reason that it is the latest. It incorporates Java 1.4. And Java 1.4 will be deprecated soon
Joshua Smith
Ranch Hand

I'm studying for SJCP 1.5 because I'm working in 1.5. Besides, the features of 1.5 are so compelling, that I never want to go back to 1.4land. Typesafe collections, enums, var args... All just too helpful.

Plus, I've heard that there's been a real effort to get rid of a lot of the trick questions that have plaqued the exam in the past.

Joshua Smith

Rational Pi Blog - Java, SCJP, Dev Bits- http://rationalpi.wordpress.com
Radoslaw Sztando
Ranch Hand

I'm studying 1.5 because it's the latest and I've already passed 1.4

Regards
Radek

Regards,
Radek Sztando
David Kennedy
Ranch Hand

Hey,

Im taking the 1.5 exam because its the most recent and deals with more interesting topics

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"
aymane chetibi
Ranch Hand

JSCP 1.5 !!! for the fun of it !

regards,
NS Reddy
Greenhorn

Currently studying for SCJP 1.5

Reasons are:
1. It is the latest
2. If 1.5 is already out there whey take 1.4?
3. Want to be on the edge so that I don't take up too much room

Thanks
Sreeraj Harilal
Ranch Hand

I am also studying SCJP 5.

1) If latest language is here how can i study the old one.

2) Scjp 5 exam remove the AWT part. I think its good that this exam is not mixing core language features and GUI.

SCJP 5.0<br />SCWCD 1.4<br />SCBCD 1.3<br />SCEA part 1
gaurav singhal
Ranch Hand

I am also preparing for SCJP 1.5. If have to invest time and money why not give the latest as 1.5 will sooner or later will replace the 1.4

Gaurav
Shilpa
Greenhorn

I am preparing for SCJP 1.5 as i want to keep myself updated and learn the new topics added in Java 1.5 certification
Chatura Dilan
Greenhorn

I�m going to do 1.5 exam because it is new
Emmanuel Brown
Greenhorn

I am an Oracle developer acquiring Java. I have opted for 1.5 'cos no sooner have I installed a version of Oracle before they release a newer version. 6,7,7.3,8,8i,9i and now 10g/10XP. With this experience it wasn't difficult for me to chose 1.5. Anticipating 1.6 will be out by the time I get certified. God save us from these bleeding edge technologies.
Sundar Ram
Ranch Hand

Im going for SCJP 1.5!!! With respect to preparation, Its no different for me in 1.5 when compared from 1.4. Im starting from scratch.. so why not scratch for a new version?? So im going for 1.5.. its gonna be fun and challenging for me ... Thats what i want out of it... And more importantly knowledge of a recent technology(Not just from exam point of view!)

SCJP 5.0 | SCWCD 1.4
http://heysundar.blogspot.com
muskaan gaffor
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Bert Bates:
Hi SCJPers!

Just for fun, let's find out how many people are studying for the SCJP 1.4 exam versus the SCJP 1.5 exam. If you're studying for the SCJP 1.5 exam, add a post here, and maybe tell us how you made your decision.

Thanks!

Bert
muskaan gaffor
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Bert Bates:
Hi SCJPers!

Just for fun, let's find out how many people are studying for the SCJP 1.4 exam versus the SCJP 1.5 exam. If you're studying for the SCJP 1.5 exam, add a post here, and maybe tell us how you made your decision.

Thanks!

Bert

scjp1.5....always go with the latest technologies.....

subject: Vote here: I'm studying for the SCJP 1.5 exam