wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes Headstrong Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Reply locked New topic
Author

Headstrong

Raghu Rajamarian
Greenhorn

For 20 LPA I can hire 10 guys with around 1 year experience and can give me excellent results if I know how to manage them well. Talent is not exclusive priviledge of premier institutes; it is in abundance if you know how find it and test it.

Thats why I said this...

Why will a clever fellow work for you for such a pittance..

I have noticed one more thing..Whenever some one mentions their pay Manish opens his mouth wide ...and comments that salaries are too much..

I think he was grossly underpaid for many years and he says this out of jealousy
[ February 16, 2006: Message edited by: Raghu Rajamarian ]
Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Raghu Rajamarian:

Thats why I said this...

Why will a clever fellow work for you for such a pittance..

I have noticed one more thing..Whenever some one mentions their pay Manish opens his mouth wide ...and comments that salaries are too much..

I think he was grossly underpaid for many years and he says this out of jealousy

Nah, in fact quite the opposite!
But if you've spent enough years in the Industry and if you have interacted with people from various professions, you might realzie why I (and few others) say this. Guess most people who have seen dot-cm bubble bursting have known better. See often Sameer and KJ have similar views.

I have no problems with anybody earning anything -- I just wonder often (to myself, and sometimes aloud) how much is enough?

Why pick me up suddenly Raghu ?? I smell some link here.....anyway!!

- Manish
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Manish Hatwalne:

But if you've spent enough years in the Industry and if you have interacted with people from various professions, you might realzie why I (and few others) say this. Guess most people who have seen dot-cm bubble bursting have known better. See often Sameer and KJ have similar views.

I have no problems with anybody earning anything -- I just wonder often (to myself, and sometimes aloud) how much is enough?

Why pick me up suddenly Raghu ?? I smell some link here.....anyway!!

- Manish

Raghu Rajamarian is knowing for making personal comments. Read his previous posts and you will know.

Groovy
Raghu Rajamarian
Greenhorn

The Reason being I am a fresher and am getting 6.5 lakh in Yahoo..thats why I felt bad...
Kj Reddy
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Manish Hatwalne:

True. It makes people who have seen dot.coom bubble, to think about current salary raises.
Raghu Rajamarian
Greenhorn

When I look at some of my classmates who are in nVidia ,google and Sclumburger I think my pay isn't good..

And when you said you can get people for 2 lakh i felt it is sheer exploitation
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

The Reason being I am a fresher and am getting 6.5 lakh in Yahoo..thats why I felt bad...

Why would you feel bad ? Others should feel bad about your personal attacks.
Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand

Huh??? and you think that's your R-E-A-S-O-N??

Great!!! Congrats on your achievement!!! But did I ever say anything about *your* salary personally? In fact even in another thared I suggested another person to go for HP or Symantec as they were offering her the best package -- almost all of us would do that.

What you did was 'personalization', you just picked up my general comment about salaries, applied it to yourself personally an dthought I was criticizing that??? Nah -- I am saying something else that I briefly touched upon in previous comment, won't go through that again.

Rest you'll pick up as time goes by -- do come back here after few years and share what you think. For now, enjoy your success!!!

- Manish
Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand

When I look at some of my classmates who are in nVidia ,google and Sclumburger I think my pay isn't good..

And when you said you can get people for 2 lakh i felt it is sheer exploitation

See? This is exactly what happens!! This *tunnel vision* exactly is the reason I advocate mixing around with other professionals just to realzie how priviledged we are.

You start taking things for granted -- believeing 6 LPA for a fresher is just about OK. Oh dear, seriously -- there are still software professionals in 2006 getting 8-10k per month as freshers or with 1 year exxpereince. 2 LPA is a good package -- not an exploitation for most. I was just putting across business point of view.

You don't trust me -- just post another thared here asking people how much they are drawing for 0-1 year expereince, and get inputs from people from various parts of world. You seem to be comparing yourself only with overpriviledged people.

- Manish

p.s. You here is just way of talking -- it means anyone including myself.
Sameer Jamal
Ranch Hand

Thats a very immature statement grow up kid.
[ February 16, 2006: Message edited by: Sameer Jamal ]
Max Habibi
town drunk
( and author)
Sheriff

Everyone, please let's try to remember the 'Ranch's mission, and be nice to each other. Insulting people over the wire is beneath all of you.

Please, reconsider your tone.

-thanks,
M

Java Regular Expressions
Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand

I still can't stop laughing!!!
How things change so fast......2 LPA sounds exploitation??? It was just an example anyway.

It would be interesting if others just add their inputs here about how much they got as freshers -- I got 1.2 LPA to start with and it increased rapidly. And no I didn't consider I was underpaid even at that time.

- Manish

p.s. - Raghu, I think you're from IIT/REC -- nothing absolutely wrong with aiming high and striving for the best; but assuming that's a common practice is a bit misleading - in my opinion!
Manish Hatwalne
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Max Habibi:
Everyone, please let's try to remember the 'Ranch's mission, and be nice to each other. Insulting people over the wire is beneath all of you.

Please, reconsider your tone.

-thanks,
M

Noted! I hope I haven't crossed my limits so far in this thread.

- Manish
Ramesh Choudhary
Ranch Hand

Talent is not exclusive priviledge of premier institutes;

Well said manish
[ February 16, 2006: Message edited by: Ramesh Choudhary ]
Sameer Jamal
Ranch Hand

It was 2001 and getting a job at that time was much more important irrespecitve of what you are paid, I started with 72K PA which might be a one month salary of many ranchers and still I thought I was a privileged one as two of my friends who were from IIT kharagpur were desperately searching for the proper job. Now whatever I am getting I think I am overpaid.
Raghu Rajamarian
Greenhorn

Sorry Manish and others if I have offended you..Sometimes I do something stupid like this..Sorry once again.. Actually today I fought with my Manager so I was in a bad mood....So just did something stupid...

I am planning to jump soon if relations with my manager doesn't imnprove..ok..sorry once again..
ak pillai
author
Ranch Hand

In my humble opinion experience alone is not always directly proportional to your skills/knowledge or salary you can expect. I progressed from a mechanical engineer to a Java/J2EE technical team lead 4 years. You can pro-actively learning the key areas and concepts of Java/J2EE along with your exeperience. check out this java-success

java j2ee job interview questions with answers | Learn the core concepts and the key areas
Umang Goyal
Greenhorn

Originally posted by Sheikh Irshad Ahmad:
Guys,

I have am a 2003 passout from REC and got 2 years and 4 months of experience. I got an offer from Techspan Noida paying 6.34 and designation as Senior Associate. Should I join?

Hi Irshad,
can u post the interview questions that were asked at techspan, noida. It will be of great help to all.

Thanks
Vijay madh
Greenhorn

How much can one with 4.6 exp expect sal package in head strong ??? recently i attended head strong interview,i cleared 2 tech rounds,and alos given 3rd mgr rnd..they said they will let me know the result..can anyone please let me know will they take to say the result??
Campbell Ritchie
Sheriff

Welcome to the Ranch

Since this thread is 3½ years old, and we prohibit that sort of question at named companies, I shall take the liberty of closing this thread. (Henry, Nitesh, Mark, I hope you don't mind; you can reopen it if you wish.)

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Headstrong