aspose file tools*
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes Best city for IT pros in India ? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Reply locked New topic
Author

Best city for IT pros in India ?

P Chander
Greenhorn

My Choice is HYDERABAD

Excellent city with Lots of companies and good hospitality
Nice climate .. What else you want?
Its a bridge between North and South India.
So you find good culture and nice food.
And its very cheap , you can get lavish lunch in a 3 star hotel in 200 rs (buffet)

Thousands of engineers coming every year from local engineering colleges and MCA colleges.

And good thing is that IT Training is very cheap and qualitative. Lots of Training institutes are doing at thier best in offering new technologies.

Very wide roads at Hitec city and Gachibowli and looks really hitec with lot of IT Parks ( Park means not a single building like all other cities)

Hyderabad is really blooming city in India and choice of Destination
Prashant Tejura
Greenhorn

Gujarat cities like Ahmedabad, Gandhingar, Vadodara are coming up faster.

http://www.gujaratitmovement.org/whygujarat.html

PMP, SCJP 1.4 , SCWCD 1.4 , SCBCD 1.3, IBM SOA Associate(Exam# 664)
Jesu Mani
Ranch Hand

I feel Coimbatore is the best Cost wise , Climate etc.

Giant Companies are Stepping in Coimbatore.

People are concentrating on II Tier Cities.
If the Govt. concentrates in time II Tier Cities will be the best in Cost , Congestion etc.

Just before While Inaugurating Robert Bosch @ Coimbatore , Hon. Minister Maran quoted that I Tier Cities are fully saturated (No. of IT Companies). And the II Tier Cities are focussed (like Coimbatore)
Java Lover
Greenhorn

Very funny when I read the remarks about other cities. I have worked in Hyderabad, Chennai and Pune but I find Bangalore as the real silicon valley(ofcourse it is). It is truely cosmopolitan and modern unlike the other cities. jobs and companies are so plenty that other cities becomes peanuts compared to Bangalore. There should not be any doubt about the climate with beautiful garden and parks(Garden city of India as well). Truely modern. The only negative is traffic and cost of living but you can compramise it with the number of oppurtunities. If you want real paymasters and higesh paying jobs, come to Bangalore. Can you compare Internation Technopark (ITPL) of Bangalore with Hi-tec city of hyderabad. One single block of ITPL is larger and posh than entire hitec city. You can find swanky and mind blowing software companies than you find the auto rick and hotels in Bangalore. Uncomparable.

Friend, I suggest you to look at Bangalore.
alfred jones
Ranch Hand

BANGALORE is the worst city in india.

dont ever think to settle down in Bangalore.

people are looting money.

If you are going to rent any house , you need to pay 10 months advance ...and the rent ranges from 6000 --14,000 Rs / per month.

and if you are going to buy house.....be prepared to pay 30+ Lakhs bucks for a 2 bedroom flat.

(you could use that money and can build a big house in other city easily )

This peculiar rule you wont find in other parts of the country...local people are simply looting IT professionals.

go into any resturant....see the menu and price ...everything is overpriced.

Trafic is worst.

Its not at all safe city.

Bangalore is the worst city in india.

thats why upcoming startup IT companies are running away from bangalore.
Sathish Nagappan
Ranch Hand

Ganda Baccha.. means asshole kid, not dirty kid

SCJP, SCWCD, SCBCD, IBM XML, IBM OOAD, SCEA 5, ITAC - Distinguished IT Architect.
Arjunkumar Shastry
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by alfred jones:
BANGALORE is the worst city in india.....

'Unfortunately' majority of IT shops still can't think of going out of this city.AOL is still looking for further expansion,it wants 5,00000 sq feet area.AEDS,European aerospace company inspite of Govt. hurdles wants a space here.Thing is other cities are even worse than Bangalore.Mumbai/Pune over populated and traffic congestion and lack of cleanliness and infrastructure.Delhi is suited only for politicians.Tamilnadu cities are catching fast but still take time to become really cosmopolitan cities.Hyderabad is good option but IT companies have done substantial investment here which they can not overlook.
Our policy makers do not want other areas to develop so that they can earn enough cash on land deals in current cities.

Namma Suvarna Karnataka
Shaan Shar
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by ashwanth fernando:
Ganda Baccha.. means asshole kid, not dirty kid

So Asshole Kid You need to change the name now.......

Otherwise your account may be deleted....

The Best way to predict your future is to create it - Every great individual common man
Anjali S Sharma
Ranch Hand

What about Chandigarh?

It once looked to be a promising prospect but not much has happened there.
Shaan Shar
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Anjali S Sharma:
What about Chandigarh?

It once looked to be a promising prospect but not much has happened there.

Well,

Mohali will be better then Chandigarh......

But I will vote for Jaipur (Pinkcity of India)
Rohan Sathye
Ranch Hand

SO I did a quick count of number of votes and am happy to announce that so far my city is leading (Pune)
Chennai and Hyderabad are close behind with 4 votes each and the city that never sleeps (Mumbai) is following with 3 votes.
Please note that this is a quick count.. and may not be totally accurate.. so if you feel that there's something fishy
going on with the numbers.. by all means do the honors again.. ;-) The total votes are less than number of posts in this thread
'cause many post discuss pros and cons of different cities without giving their opinion..
Here's quick summary of the result..

Mumbai - (3) pros - truly cosmopoliton.. cons - expensive, crowded
Chennai -(4) pros - cheap.. cons - not cosmopoliton
Pune - (6) pros - good overall performance on numer of opp. weather , safty etc. cons - infrastructure is lagging behind the growth
Delhi -(2) - pros - ? cons - safty
Hydrabad - (4) pros- number of opportunities, affordable standard of living cons - ?
Gandhinagar - (2)
Cochin - (1)
Coimbtoor - (1)
Banglore - (2) This is surprising.. the silicon valey of India is second last in fact.. first post to claim Banglore is the best city is the 30th post
this thread.. Is it because of the unplanned growth , ridiculously high property prices.. ?
Chandigar - (1)
Jai pur - (1)

Cheers
tambi durai
Greenhorn

Don't forget one big pro of Pune - The Weather.

Pune has the best weather all around the year. The winter months from November to February are the best! Even the summer months are more bearable than most other cities. One close contender with Pune on this is of course none other than the silicon city - Bangalore!
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by tambi durai:
Don't forget one big pro of Pune - The Weather.

Pune has the best weather all around the year. The winter months from November to February are the best! Even the summer months are more bearable than most other cities. One close contender with Pune on this is of course none other than the silicon city - Bangalore!

I think it was true before. Pune and Banglore's climate were good in the past. Now it�s no more special.
Shaan Shar
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by rathi ji:

I think it was true before. Pune and Banglore's climate were good in the past. Now it�s no more special.

But still banglore is good in terms of Climate if we compare it by Pune.....
tambi durai
Greenhorn

Originally posted by rathi ji:

You have started liking Hyderabad...have you?
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by tambi durai:

You have started liking Hyderabad...have you?

In terms of climate, it's more or less similar to Pune. And anyways, we spend half of our life under ACs, so it matters less.
krishna yadav
Greenhorn

-----------
Hyderabad
Pros-Quite a few IT companies,cheap
Cons-not sure ?
--------------

Hyderabad has many IT companies, not few... and also it is not very cheap.

Regards,<br />krishna yadav<br /><a href="http://www.geocities.com/srcsinc/java/Interview_Questions/Java_Interview_Questions.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">interview questions</a>
Ajay Saxena
Ranch Hand

Finally, the IT sector in Kolkata allowed entry to trade union ...

May God save the poor fellows !!!
Prashant Tejura
Greenhorn

http://www.vibrantgujarat.com/it_summit/highlights.htm

http://www.vibrantgujarat.com/it_summit/it_advantage_guj.htm

http://www.gujaratinformatics.com/news/ITS_DM021206_4.htm
Arjunkumar Shastry
Ranch Hand

Welcome Gujrat!!
Every Indian state now claims to be vibrant,investor friendly,peaceful and lot of young people with no dearth of talent ready to create NextGen products/services.
What kind of IT investment is in Gujrat?Still can't see companies moving their offices to Ahmedabad,Baroda.
How does Gujrat scores interms of cleanliness,public safety.Definitely Gujratis are business friendly.
Any rancher from Gujrat?
Kalpesh Jain
Ranch Hand

I think MUMBAI has lot to offer than what it seems if you think big.
There are many IT companies in BKC/Seepz/Malad (Mumbai), Mahape (NaviMumbai), and Thane. All these areas are well reachable from every point and more developement is going on at Seepz++, BKC, Navi Mumbai, Goregaon, Thane etc.

It may not have as many IT companies as compared to Banglore/Hyderabad at present but once the various public transport projects and Road Link projects are completed, there could be a boom in IT sector, once again.

And if we talk about payscale, then a good IT company's pay doesn't vary much from city to city.

Personally I feel its wrong to say living is tough in Mumbai. I would rather say living minus travelling is a very convinient as almost everything you want is available at any time wherever you go...

Its a j a v a
guptha sanju
Greenhorn

DevRaj Kumar

Bangalore is somewhat in middle but these days localites in Bangalore have turned anti-non Kannadigas

Bangalore I found is equally conservative and non friendly to Hindi as Chennai is to non-Tamils

Let me tell why Bangalore have turned as anti-non Kannadigas people who come from different state to pursue their career must respect the state,langauge and people of Karnataka .instead they treat kannadigas as a low graded people behave in a very cheap manner especially north Indians well regarding conservative I don't think so well if you expect to serve beer in street as tender coconut then Bangalore is conservative if you want girls to wear one strip at top and bottom then in that case Bangalore is conservative .well try to respect all religion, state and people at the end we all are Indians.
Arjunkumar Shastry
Ranch Hand

I agree.from the last three years stay in Bangalore I can say Kannadigas are least chauvinistic unlike their neighbors or any other state.One of the main reason why state is fastest growing in last 15 years or so is people are friendly and no reagional outfit who attacks 'outsiders' for taking their jobs.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

.instead they treat kannadigas as a low graded people behave in a very cheap manner especially north Indians

No respect for local culture. People dont even try to learn kannada. Go to chennai or mumbai, they will forced to learn local language.

Groovy
Arjunkumar Shastry
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Pradip Bhat:

Go to mumbai, they will forced to learn local language.

. There are many people born and brought up in Mumbai but don't know Marathi .In fact they say with some kind of pride that they don't know Marathi.
Rambo Prasad
Ranch Hand

I can say Kannadigas are least chauvinistic unlike their neighbors or any other state

Chauvinism breeds Chavunism...This is the reason for the neighbouring states to act so...When outsiders try to act Chauvinistic (By trying to impose their language)it is perfectly natural and legitimate for the host to react in a manner that could be misconstrued as chauvinistic by the guests
[ January 09, 2007: Message edited by: Rambo Prasad ]

Helping hands are much better than the praying lips
Arjunkumar Shastry
Ranch Hand

{
Chauvinism breeds Chavunism
}
I agree.Still there is a difference in people's behavoir from state to state.The reasoning I gave why Karnataka is progressing faster than its adajacent(or any other state)states is people are much more friendly and less chauvinistic than many.If you see the law and order history you will see Karnataka is peaceful in terms of riots etc.
Rohitt Vermaa
Ranch Hand

Well you are not mentioning about the riot after the death of Dr.Rajkumar,greatest ever kannada actor.

I have been Mumbai, Banglore and Chennai. In mumbai I never ever faced problem due to language. Banglore has the best climate and Chennai is peaceful place. But here we are discussing about Best city for IT pros. So due to large number of opening i would choose Banglore.

SCJP ,SCWCD
Rambo Prasad
Ranch Hand

Well I have stayed in Bangalore and Chennai for a good deal of time ...So I can draw out comparisions between the two...I have not stayed long in any other city so I cant comment about the other cities...
Bangalore
1.Weather is good
2.Girls are cool & sexy
3.Difficult to maintain if your salary is under 15k/month.
4.Improper Security..Lot of robberies,murders and theft takes place. 5.Infrastructure needs to be improved...Traffic Jams and improper roads adds to the woes.Intially I was a little shocked to find people driving in pavements.
6.You can survive for years in Bangalore without knowing Kannada.
7.Good network of Bars and Pubs.
8.Lots of MNCs and all the hot Companies have their offices here.
9.Public transport isn't that well developed.To go from Point A to Point B there isn't usually a direct bus.
10.Auto drivers put meter and can speak any language
11.Good Greenary around..It is the Garden city

Chennai
1.Weather is hot compared to Bangalore
2.Girls are homely and conservative. If you give any sign to them, their father will chase you
3.Security is there, even at 2 AM you will find police patrols in the roads
4. Infrastructure is very good...
5.Traffic is more regularised and better managed.Good network of public transport buses,suburban trains and metro trains are already in place..
6.You can lead a good life, if you earn 15k/month
7.Less Hindi speaking crowd..The northies find it difficult�.
8.Auto drivers can cheat you if you are new to the city.
9.Chennai is a beach and temple city..It has the 2nd longest beach in the world.
10.If you are a carnatic music lover that is the place to be..

For the folks who complained chennai is conservative and unfriendly to non tamils What do you mean by conservative...?We have a good blend of modernity and tradition in Chennai... Language is an issue in Chennai ? .. thats funny !! Its only the northies who find it difficult.. because they prefer only Hindi..You cant live without Tamil in Chennai? Listen , all our Buses have the routes marked in English as well�practically every shop has an English board beside its Tamil one, and every single and I mean ever single road�s nameboard will always be in both languages. We�re extremely proud of our langauge, which is one of the oldest in the world. You shouldnt even start about Bangalore�s Buses�.not a word of English on them. A Majority of Tamils will understand enough English to help with any enquiries. We�re more cosmopolitan than you think
[ January 09, 2007: Message edited by: Rambo Prasad ]
Rohitt Vermaa
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Arjunkumar Shastry:
The reasoning I gave why Karnataka is progressing faster than its adajacent(or any other state)

Maharahra and Tamil Nadu are progressing better than Karnataka.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

. There are many people born and brought up in Mumbai but don't know Marathi .In fact they say with some kind of pride that they don't know Marathi.

That must be a small percentage.
Pradeep bhatt
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Rohitt Vermaa:
. In mumbai I never ever faced problem due to language. .

Are you forgetting that not everyone knows Hindi ?
guptha sanju
Greenhorn

VRohitt Vermaa

Maharahra and Tamil Nadu are progressing better than Karnataka.
--------------------

Rohit darling i wish all the states in india progress better than other country .well guys "WE ALL ARE INDIANS "pls stop comparing about the states .
And a gentle request for all hindi speaking people Please try to adjust for the place where you are and donot expect people around you to change for you it is you who have left your state and came to some other state to lead a better life .Even i am from north india staying in south india from past 8 years.i have learnt kannada and people in south india are really very kind hearted and very helpfull.
Rohitt Vermaa
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by sanju bangalore:
Rohit darling i wish all the states in india progress better than other country .well guys "WE ALL ARE INDIANS "pls stop comparing about the states .[/QB]

Agreed. And also we are going out of the topic.
Arjunkumar Shastry
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Pradip Bhat:

That must be a small percentage.

No.Quite a few.People especially from one northen and southern state take that thing as a matter of pride.Frequently you see their ghettos and creating their mini-state in Mumbai.
Anyway,Compared to Bangalore:
Mumbai:
1)Good transportation
2)Relatively better law and order
3)Very much friendly and gives space to everybody.
3)True metropolitan city
Bangalore:
1)Good weather
2)Lot of companies
3)Nice food
ambar patil
Ranch Hand

Pune:
+ good weather
+ good for those who want to settle & for married people who can not offered bombay & bglr.
+ future will be good,many new comps are coming.

-poor infra
-currently no much bigies are here(no google,no yahoo... no morgan stanley)
-very less package.
Pushkar Choudhary
Rancher

No.Quite a few.People especially from one Northen and southern state take that thing as a matter of pride.Frequently you see their ghettos and creating their mini-state in Mumbai.

Totally agree with you on that.... I've stayed in Mumbai for 22 years and I've seen it change a lot... and grow more and more cosmopolitan (read: non-marathi)

Anyway,Compared to Bangalore:
Mumbai:
1)Good transportation
2)Relatively better law and order
3)Very much friendly and gives space to everybody.
3)True metropolitan city
Bangalore:
1)Good weather
2)Lot of companies
3)Nice food

I don't agree about nice food though.... I've been in Bangalore for almost a year now and I still believe Mumbai is The best place for food since one can get any type of food (northern and southern) of equally good quality there... (for example, in Mumbai, you'll get a very good n cheap vada-pav or chat and a good and cheap idli... but in Bangalore, one can obviously get good and cheap idli... but for vada-pav or chat one has to search quite a bit and then pay 4 times that of the Mumbai rate... and there's very few times that it'll be as good as what you can get in Mumbai..)

so, basically the point is, in Bangalore, the non South-Indian food is quite costly and many of the those things are not easily available or not good quality...
Chetan Parekh
Ranch Hand

I would be better if we refrain us to discuss issues related to language/culture.

My blood is tested +ve for Java.
Anurag Deepak
Greenhorn

Bangalore best Indian city to live in

http://specials.rediff.com/money/2009/apr/28sld1-bangalore-best-indian-city-to-live-in.htm
Mark Herschberg
Sheriff

Please don't wake the zombies.

--Mark

It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.

subject: Best city for IT pros in India ?