aspose file tools*
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes I really disappointed Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Bookmark "I really disappointed" Watch "I really disappointed" New topic
Author

I really disappointed

Ninad Kulkarni
Ranch Hand

Don't remove it from your resume. But don't highlight it as one of your strong points for being a good candidat because having that certification (or others) is not a good reason since far too many people have that certification and know little about programming other than just the language features and syntax. And that really doesn't help on-the-job.

Thanks Onkar I will consider your suggetions

Regards
Ninad

SCJP 5.0 - JavaRanch FAQ - Java Beginners FAQ - SCJP FAQ - SCJP Mock Tests - Tutorial - JavaSE7 - JavaEE6 -Generics FAQ - JLS - JVM Spec - Java FAQs - Smart Questions
Marcel Wentink
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Onkar Joshi:
many people have that certification and know little about programming other than just the language features and syntax. And that really doesn't help on-the-job.

Yes, and by really focussing on the 97% as a selling point, you could actually confirm that 'you think the job is just about language features and syntax'.

Just write in your resume: "SCJP5, August 2008, Score 97%." Dot. No more no less.

And do not mention it in the interview if the Human Resource person asking you questions does not start about it.

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: I really disappointed