It's not a secret anymore!*
The moose likes Jobs Discussion and the fly likes I really disappointed Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Careers » Jobs Discussion
Bookmark "I really disappointed" Watch "I really disappointed" New topic
Author

I really disappointed

Ninad Kulkarni
Ranch Hand

Don't remove it from your resume. But don't highlight it as one of your strong points for being a good candidat because having that certification (or others) is not a good reason since far too many people have that certification and know little about programming other than just the language features and syntax. And that really doesn't help on-the-job.

Thanks Onkar I will consider your suggetions

Regards
Ninad

SCJP 5.0 - JavaRanch FAQ - Java Beginners FAQ - SCJP FAQ - SCJP Mock Tests - Tutorial - JavaSE7 - JavaEE6 -Generics FAQ - JLS - JVM Spec - Java FAQs - Smart Questions
Marcel Wentink
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Onkar Joshi:
many people have that certification and know little about programming other than just the language features and syntax. And that really doesn't help on-the-job.

Yes, and by really focussing on the 97% as a selling point, you could actually confirm that 'you think the job is just about language features and syntax'.

Just write in your resume: "SCJP5, August 2008, Score 97%." Dot. No more no less.

And do not mention it in the interview if the Human Resource person asking you questions does not start about it.

It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.

subject: I really disappointed