• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

I really disappointed

Ranch Hand
Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Don't remove it from your resume. But don't highlight it as one of your strong points for being a good candidat because having that certification (or others) is not a good reason since far too many people have that certification and know little about programming other than just the language features and syntax. And that really doesn't help on-the-job.

Thanks Onkar I will consider your suggetions

Regards
Ninad

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Onkar Joshi:
many people have that certification and know little about programming other than just the language features and syntax. And that really doesn't help on-the-job.

Yes, and by really focussing on the 97% as a selling point, you could actually confirm that 'you think the job is just about language features and syntax'.

Just write in your resume: "SCJP5, August 2008, Score 97%." Dot. No more no less.

And do not mention it in the interview if the Human Resource person asking you questions does not start about it.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic