wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes SKY_IS_THE_LIMIT !! @@ !! Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of The Java EE 7 Tutorial Volume 1 or Volume 2 this week in the Java EE forum
or jQuery UI in Action in the JavaScript forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "SKY_IS_THE_LIMIT !! @@ !!" Watch "SKY_IS_THE_LIMIT !! @@ !!" New topic
Author

SKY_IS_THE_LIMIT !! @@ !!

Michael Ernest
High Plains Drifter
Sheriff

I think it's great that people want to share poetry on this site. But Ankush, you should be a little more careful about quoting other authors: "Love wakes men, once a lifetime each..." is from Coventry Patmore. "It's only a paper moon/ Sailing over a cardboard sea..." is a song from the 20's, can't remember who wrote it. A number of others sound quite familiar, like that e.e. cummings redux with the Java references.
It's just as good to post poems you like and say where you found them; you don't have to pretend you wrote them for others to enjoy them.
[This message has been edited by Michael Ernest (edited October 04, 2001).]

Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen.
- Robert Bresson
Anonymous
Ranch Hand

That is an astute observation, my dear friend Chief Inspector Japp.
And Hastings, here's something I found - http://www.wrensworld.com/sunnywish.htm Does it not seem familiar to you?
ankush walia
Ranch Hand

HELLO EVERYONE.....!!
who said that all the poems r mine....!!
"MY LIFEBOAT"
"SECRET OF EXISTENCE"
"O MY HEART"
"CUP OF JAVA"
"A PLACE TO LIVE IN"
"MY LIFE -- A DESERT"
"LET'S HAVE A CHAT"
"IT MAKES ME THINK"
"SECOND IN MY WORLD"

All these r poems that i have written by me myself....!!let's see if hercule and michael.....can find a place from where they think i might have stolen these ........ in fact it would have been nice if u had also posted some poems out here...instead of pointing out that i have stolen them....i have not stolen them....but the phrases or poems that i find nice i put them over here.....!!and the last 2 that i have submitted...they were sent to me by my friend khushboo....and i very well told her that since they r nice...i'll put them on this site...!!
i didn't know that everyone will start blaming like this..... sorry....won't add any more poems that i like...will keep them in my diary....and won't share them with u....!!
ankush!!
Peter Lyons
Ranch Hand

Good poem Ankush!
Let me state one point though:
One voice can speak with wisdom,
One heart can know what's true,
One life can make the difference,
You see, it's up to YOU!

It almost sounds like you're saying the truth is up to me. That's not what you mean, is it?
I'm impressed with your writing.
Peter
ankush walia
Ranch Hand

One voice can speak with wisdom,
One heart can know what's true,
One life can make the difference,
You see, it's up to YOU!

no it doesn't mean that truth is upto me.....!!it means that.....u can make a difference in someone's life.........
and that's what is in u'r hands....it's upto u....!!
thanx a lot peter....!!atleast u liked my poems
ankush!!
Michael Ernest
High Plains Drifter
Sheriff

The term is 'plagiarism,' Ankush. Plagiarism is the act of representing the writing of someone else as your own. No one accused you of stealing "all" those poems except you yourself.
[SERMON]It matters to people to like me who have spent years studying and enjoying these works. Those lines of poetry represent the best of a lifetime of effort, words that are still repeated decades, even centuries, after they were first written. I think an author deserves to be recognized when his or her work is used.[/SERMON]
Just write your original stuff! There's plenty of people here who like what you're doing.
Jim Yingst
Wanderer
Sheriff

> who said that all the poems r mine....!!
You did, by posting them with your name attached to them and failing to mention that someone else had written them.

"I'm not back." - Bill Harding, Twister

It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.

subject: SKY_IS_THE_LIMIT !! @@ !!