• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Pakistan's support to the US - pros and cons for India

Leverager of our synergies
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Originally posted by Thomas Paul:
Communism is dead except in China and no one cares about China as long as they keep making the toys for our McKids meals.

Thomas, sometimes I wonder if you really mean what you are saying or just provoke others - to have free entertainment...

[This message has been edited by Mapraputa Is (edited September 20, 2001).]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by OMAR KHAN:
What is the sense of all this jingoism?
Is it going to help India or Pakistan?
Or bring development?

I am sorry. Events like this often bring out the worst in us. I am deleting all previous offending material.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I most definitely agree with this one. I'm American of Asian descent and find this sort of comment offensive. I think this goes back to the article on a different thread about arrogance and a lack of guilt.

Originally posted by Mapraputa Is:
Thomas, sometimes I wonder if you really mean what you are saying or just provoke others - to have free entertainment...

[This message has been edited by Mapraputa Is (edited September 20, 2001).]

mister krabs
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Mapraputa Is:

Are you suggesting my statement about China isn't true? China, in spite of being a Communist nation, enjoys favored nation trading status with the US and is about to join the world's largest free trade organization with the blessing of the USA. Even though China is a communist nation, as long as they sell goods to us we don't care.

Thomas Paul
mister krabs
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Christophe Lee:
I most definitely agree with this one. I'm American of Asian descent and find this sort of comment offensive. I think this goes back to the article on a different thread about arrogance and a lack of guilt.

In what way is my statement offensive, arrogant, or demonstrates lack of guilt?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by zulfiqar raza:
No you did not 'hurt' my feelings. You just showed your own mentality.
However your "facts" about history etc are as twisted as your logic.

Where women are regularly raped by Indian soldiers. (You mentioned kashmir for this)
Finally Dawood Ibrahim resides in United Arab Emirates. India has never been able to extradite him given Indian government is much more interested in the Billions of dollars Indian workers send home to India from the Gulf countries every year. And Dawood Ibrahim connection in the Mumbai blasts results from the regularly occuring Hindu-Muslim riots in India having nothing to do with Pakistan.

Zulfiqar
I have been following his thread for the past few days and have refrained from posting anything .However there are some things i would like to clarify. I am sorry about all things that have been said by your country but am also angry about what you have said about ours.
1) It does not matter how and what the reason is behind what Pakistan is named. It does not change the fact that it was part of India. And the politics involved is too complicated for either of us to understand. So I think both sides should get their facts straight.
2) Women being raped by our soldiers.??? I think its your media which tells you this.......give me one source ...just one single source outside of Pakistan media which agrees to this. YOu have the WWW to your convenience in this....Indian soldiers are blamed even if there is a leaky faucet in Pakistan .

Im saying this because my father was in the Army and I know what goes on in Kashmir ..at least more truthfully than the media would present it.If it comes from a source other than a Pakistan WEbsite....i think our media also presented the wrong pictuer to us.....but i doubt that would happen.
3) Dawood Ebrahim fled to pakistan after his involvement was assured after the Mumbai blasts. It is only for this reason that the indian govt doest not have him till now.
The links above should be sufficient.

Let me also tell you something....we live in a country where there is an 'Aligarh Muslim university ' ..as is there a 'Benaras Hindu college'...as is there a 'Christian medical college.'
I dont wish to anger you and displease you more than you already are .
However i wish to brign to your notice that the things you point out about India are not true. .....all of them have to do with multiple religeons .......WE ARE PROUD OF IT.
WE LIVE TOGETHER .....HINDUS ..MUSLIMS...SIKHS..CHRISTIANS....PARSEES..SINDIHIS..Just to name a few....
if you want more i can give you more....sometimes there are fights ...yes ..i agree.....but we always have come back together....
I know that if you have a brother or a sister ...you probably have fights with them too....and ultimately end up making up with them . IT is the SAME for us indians except only ..our family is a BILLION strong.....
Our pledge ...has a line.....'India is my country ...and All indians are my brothers and sisters...'
Do i need to say more....???
Lots of luck
Pranav

Mapraputa Is
Leverager of our synergies
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

China, in spite of being a Communist nation, enjoys favored nation trading status with the US and is about to join the world's largest free trade organization with the blessing of the USA. Even though China is a communist nation, as long as they sell goods to us we don't care.

Aha, now I see what you mean. No objections.

"The Hood"
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Pranav Jaidka:
Our pledge ...has a line.....'India is my country ...and All indians are my brothers and sisters...'

I like that.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Pranav Jaidka:
'India is my country ...and All indians are my brothers and sisters...'

Then who will be your girlfriends..?
Americans..?

Take it Easy!

Pranav Jaidka
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Chumma fun..you know..ha ha..youre indian too.
Anyway i think i conveyed what i was trying to .

[This message has been edited by Pranav Jaidka (edited September 20, 2001).]

Christophe Lee
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I think what I find is disappointment. I'm not offended by your views towards another country; I am, however, disappointed by them. I'm disappointed that you can have disregard for an entire country "as long as they keep making McDonald's toys for us". I'm disappointed that not everyone gets to see a rich culture full of people, people that are hard working and honest, for the most part.
In this line of thought, it gives me another insight about the people of the middle east. Although I'm as ignorant as any other American on Muslims and Arabs and hold stereotypical views of Arabs are terrorists, I'm more inclined to give credit to them as honest, intelligent, meaningful people. Not just oil producing religious fanatics.
I want justice and I want vengeance. But there's got to be more to it than just single simple minded violence involved.

[b]I most definitely agree with this one. I'm American of Asian descent and find this sort of comment offensive. I think this goes back to the article on a different thread about arrogance and a lack of guilt.

In what way is my statement offensive, arrogant, or demonstrates lack of guilt?
[/B]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

... I'm more inclined to give credit to them ...

Yes, Christophe. Belonging to different cultures is sometimes hard, but it gives us more insight. Sadly, most people find it difficult to keep an open mind and tend to reason by stereotypes.

Thomas Paul
mister krabs
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

I'm disappointed that not everyone gets to see a rich culture full of people, people that are hard working and honest, for the most part.

I think you missed the point. The discussion was about communism. My point is that as long as China keeps its nose clean and trades with us fairly, the USA and the rest of the free world will let China have whatever kind of government they want. As I see it, the main reason for our different reaction to Chinese communism vs. Russian communism is that China has very little history of territorial expansionism. When we were afraid that communism was going to spread throughout SE Asia, our reactions were different (see the Vietnam War).

Christophe Lee
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You know, I DID miss the point. I always miss the point because I don't always think politically and rationally and logically. Sometimes, you need to feel with your emotions too. Once you've been to a place and seen its people and tasted its food and felt its weather and walked its streets, it becomes entirely different than just politics and communism and democracy. Most common people don't care at all about any of that. They just want some food, some entertainment and some love.
While other countries may view the US as simply an arrogant, rich bully, the US should be more educated and must adhere to higher standards of understanding and compassion.
I hate it when people say, "Screw them, why don't they sympathize with the US?" Or "Why didn't they help the US out when such and such happened?" It's because they're not as educated, not as refined, not as privileged. We can simply kill them, ya. But there's got to be more creative ways than that.
I know your point. I miss it purposely so that I'm not numbed by its logic so that I can justify killing thousands, millions. Perhaps you are missing my points purposely also for the opposite reason I am missing yours.

[b]I'm disappointed that not everyone gets to see a rich culture full of people, people that are hard working and honest, for the most part.

I think you missed the point. The discussion was about communism. My point is that as long as China keeps its nose clean and trades with us fairly, the USA and the rest of the free world will let China have whatever kind of government they want. As I see it, the main reason for our different reaction to Chinese communism vs. Russian communism is that China has very little history of territorial expansionism. When we were afraid that communism was going to spread throughout SE Asia, our reactions were different (see the Vietnam War).[/B]

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thomas: I think you missed the point.
Christophe: You know, I DID miss the point. I always miss the point. I know your point. I miss it purposely. Perhaps you are missing my points purposely also for the opposite reason I am missing yours.

Guys, what's going on here?

[This message has been edited by Nanhesru Ningyake (edited September 21, 2001).]

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic