This week's book giveaway is in the Jobs Discussion forum.
We're giving away four copies of Soft Skills and have John Sonmez on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Java in General and the fly likes Technical Interview Questions Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Soft Skills this week in the Jobs Discussion forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Java in General
Bookmark "Technical Interview Questions" Watch "Technical Interview Questions" New topic
Author

Technical Interview Questions

John Ipe
Greenhorn

here's a full list of what you can do with reflection from the reflection trail in the java tutorial:
With the reflection API you can:
-Determine the class of an object.
-Get information about a class's modifiers, fields, methods, constructors, and superclasses.
-Find out what constants and method declarations belong to an interface.
-Create an instance of a class whose name is not known until runtime.
-Get and set the value of an object's field, even if the field name is unknown to your program until runtime.
-Invoke a method on an object, even if the method is not known until runtime.
-Create a new array, whose size and component type are not known until runtime, and then modify the array's components.
Chris Harris
Ranch Hand

The last interview I went to asked me:

Question:
What is printed?
Chris
John Ipe
Greenhorn

all would be true!
(if you first compiled it with t.s1, t.s2 etc)
Dale DeMott
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by John Ipe:
Hi Dale,

I guess it would be neat to hear what questions you were actually faced with in the interview in 2001 (and any interviews you took after)?!

Thanks!
John

To tell you the truth I wasn't tech'ed. And I'm still at the same company. Good company. (Can't release the name)

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.<br />Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)
Tauri Valor
Ranch Hand

Hey heres one more..

What is an inner class?

Cheers,
Su Yeu
[ January 18, 2006: Message edited by: Su Yeu ]

A Moment's insight is sometimes worth a Life's experience.
Tauri Valor
Ranch Hand

Well I request the Bartenders, and Sheriffs to continue "Technical Interview Questions" as long as it goes. Why dont we start a seperate section for this?

Cheers,
Su Yeu.
Nick George
Ranch Hand

Where are your pants?

I've heard it takes forever to grow a woman from the ground
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal

Originally posted by Su Yeu:
Well I request the Bartenders, and Sheriffs to continue "Technical Interview Questions" as long as it goes. Why dont we start a seperate section for this?

Actually, I am sorely tempted to close this thread every time someone posts to it and it rises back to the top. The whole notion of a list of "interview questions" is absolutely counter to what we want to do here at the Ranch. JavaRanch wants you to learn Java -- not memorize answers to interview questions so you can get a job you're not qualified for. You should get a job because you really know the material based on experience -- not because you crammed for an interview.

[Jess in Action][AskingGoodQuestions]
Jeff Albertson
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by John Ipe:
Reflection is used mostly in tool development, such as class browsers, debuggers etc. when you want to retrieve information about classes and objects at runtime.

It's much more widely used than that. Think frameworks and "services" like Hibernate, for example. Hibernate reads config files with lines like

<property name="name" column="USERNAME"/>

And either generates calls to getName/getName or direct access to the field name.

There is no emoticon for what I am feeling!
mis mary
Greenhorn

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Technical Interview Questions