This week's book giveaway is in the Design forum.
We're giving away four copies of Building Microservices and have Sam Newman on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Theist , atheist, agnostic and dead body. Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Building Microservices this week in the Design forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Reply locked New topic
Author

Theist , atheist, agnostic and dead body.

R K Singh
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by HS Thomas:
A very good poem on Buddha would not usually be associated with being destructive.

Obviosuly not ..
I was talking about my vocabulary of English

"Thanks to Indian media who has over the period of time swiped out intellectual taste from mass Indian population." - Chetan Parekh
HS Thomas
Ranch Hand

I think your vocabulary would be more than up to it !
regards
Tom Nielson
Greenhorn

"Philosophy is a whore"
- Martin Luther
Guillermo Ishi
Ranch Hand

R K Singh wrote:But IMHO God was created out of fear of uncontrolled things like rain, lightning and other nature's gift, which were unexplained at that time. Am I trying to see God from the spectacles of science? No, I am saying God is like Ghost, which does things which we dont understand. Miracles are always associated with God, right.

God came from fear is to denigrate believers. It is as likely, more likely, that he was created out of an appreciation of beauty than an appreciation of fear. And maybe not created... I believe, and am probably too fearless for my own good. But he was no doubt soon used to turn a prophet. I meant profit.
Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Be careful here. This is an old topic from 2003. And the ranch now has a different forum for certain types of topics, such as religion. If this topic gets too meaningful, then it will be locked -- requiring the topic to be restarted in the Rattlesnake Pit forum instead.

Henry

Books: Java Threads, 3rd Edition, Jini in a Nutshell, and Java Gems (contributor)
Guillermo Ishi
Ranch Hand

R K Singh wrote:Miracles are always associated with God, right.

Ahhh, what is your very existence if not a miracle? What is the probability of you?

Over the lips and past the gums, look out snake pit here it comes!

Henry Wong
author
Sheriff

Guillermo Ishi wrote:
Over the lips and past the gums, look out snake pit here it comes!

Yeah, this topic does seem to be easily pushed into the pit ... should have known from the title ...

Anyway, this topic is now locked. For those interested in this topic discussion, please create a new topic in the Rattlesnake Pit forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Henry

Have you checked out Aspose?

subject: Theist , atheist, agnostic and dead body.

It's not a secret anymore!