File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Object Relational Mapping and the fly likes Problem with Hibernate Cache Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide this week in the OCMJEA forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Databases » Object Relational Mapping
Bookmark "Problem with Hibernate Cache" Watch "Problem with Hibernate Cache" New topic
Author

Problem with Hibernate Cache

Jan Krystof
Greenhorn

Hi all,

i also had the same problem: After i updated an entity to new value in SESSION1 and i fetched the same entity afterwards in SESSION2, i got old values. I even checked in my DB after closing SESSION1 that new values are present in my db.

There was one not-nice workaround: when I wanted to read updated data, i opend and commited a transation: session.beginTransaction().commit();

However, in my case the problem was in INNODB settings for mysql database. The default isolation level for INNODB is REPEATABLE READ -- I found it here hibernate forum. The solution is in changing the global transaction isolation level to READ_COMMITTED (2) or SERIALIZABLE (8). Check the java.sql.Connection for these isolation levels.

Put the following in your config.hbm.xml

or

all the best
xhanness

PS: do not forget do flush() before closing the session ;-)

It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.

subject: Problem with Hibernate Cache