aspose file tools*
The moose likes Cattle Drive and the fly likes Updating the Assignment Log Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Spring in Action this week in the Spring forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » This Site » Cattle Drive
Reply locked New topic
Author

Updating the Assignment Log

Greg Harris
Ranch Hand

well, here is a little secret i learned in the NAVY...
Never
Again
Volunteer
Yourself

what?
Johannes de Jong
tumbleweed
Bartender

Well Greg you sure did not learn much either. I see your name on the list as well
Sorry Jason the e-mail was sent a few sec's ago. I'm full of bugs today
Greg Harris
Ranch Hand

okay, so i did not really learn the lesson... i just heard it somewhere.
Michael Pearson
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Michael Matola:
Hmmm. Lead programmer?
And here I thought the point of my doing the prototype was to escape any sort of lead role.

Watch out! The patients are running the asylum.
Michael Pearson
Ranch Hand

Welcome to the first cycle of our project!
This should be an interesting learning exercise for all of us. I�m going to streamline the Unified Process so it meets our needs. Just remember a good OO design methodology is use-case driven, architecture centric, and iterative and incremental.
Michael Matola has us going in the right direction by prototyping a solution. The prototype will be thrown out after we:

1. Verify the concepts and technologies required to achieve a feasible solution
  2. Establish a priority for features that could be part of the final solution

3. Our project milestones might as well reflect the standard Unified Process Workflows:
    (A) Requirement Workflow
    We will need to establish a Project Requirements document to capture features the software solution could have. This is a �brain-storming� exercise, so I will encourage everyone to be creative. I think this can be handled via email with me integrating the ideas into a master document that I circulate to all team members.
    Once the feature set is agreed to we will create a Use-Case Model. This documentation will describe the functional and non-functional requirements of our software solution. At this point we�ll be prototyping the GUI as well as outlining the user interactions with the software. The goal is to create a system description that users and software designers will understand.
    (B) Analysis Workflow
    Next we�ll convert the Use-Case Model into the appropriate Analysis documents. The output of this milestone will be to provide an internal view of the system in a developer�s language
    (C) Design Workflow
    Now that the Requirements have been thoroughly looked at we can get serious about the final design. The output of this milestone is an Architectural Baseline. The Class library should be nearly complete, and all system functionality will be well defined and diagramed.
    (D) Implementation Workflow
    The major output of this workflow is a beta software release.
    (E) Test Workflow
    A beta test is performed with a control group to assure the initial system requirements have been achieved.
    Wow!
    It looks like a lot but it will come together quickly.
    Later,
    Mike
    [This message has been edited by Michael Pearson (edited August 07, 2001).]
Michael Matola
whippersnapper
Ranch Hand

Status report.
Prototype has been sent to Johannes, who will set up a thread in the closed forum. I'll post a message later this evening about how to get things up and running and a little intro to the program and what I was attempting to do.
Am I also supposed to email the code to the working group? Johannes, could you maybe forward it to everyone in addition to posting it to the other forum?
[This message has been edited by Michael Matola (edited August 07, 2001).]
Johannes de Jong
tumbleweed
Bartender

So Micheal e-maling it is a lousy option if you have to do it but when I do the work it is a great idea hey .
Sure going out within the next 10-20 minutes.
I'm closing this thread now by the way. We are moving to the closed Forum. See ya there.
[This message has been edited by Johannes de Jong (edited August 07, 2001).]

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Updating the Assignment Log