aspose file tools*
The moose likes Ranch Office and the fly likes New Year, New Forum Software Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » This Site » Ranch Office
Reply locked New topic
Author

New Year, New Forum Software

Vikas Kapoor
Ranch Hand

Sorry I am little Dumb...
Akhilesh Trivedi
Ranch Hand

Merry Christmas and advance wishes for the new year to one and all.

Keep Smiling Always — My life is smoother when running silent. -paul
[FAQs] [Certification Guides] [The Linux Documentation Project]
John Rizzo
Greenhorn

Congratulation to the JavaRanch team for this migration !

John.

- JavaBlackBelt.com founder.

BlackBeltFactory.com founder.
Ankit Garg
Sheriff

I was just wondering what will happen to all the bookmarks that people have made and all the pages that search engines have indexed. Will that all be gone. What I mean to say is that will the URLs for the forum threads change or will they remain same??

SCJP 6 | SCWCD 5 | Javaranch SCJP FAQ | SCWCD Links
Pauline McNamara
Sheriff

Before January 3rd:

Private messages will not be moved, so save any private messages now that you would like to keep for your grandchildren. You can continue your private messaging after the move to the new forum software.

We are very busy right now! You know the feeling. Please, please wait with any questions, comments, etc. about this new thing until this new thing is here. We'll be giving you lots more information on January 3rd, we promise.
Ankit Garg
Sheriff

Sorry for asking the question even after you told not to ask any question. I was just reading about SEO and remembered that javaranch is also going to migrate. So I thought if the URLs change, then you'll loose all the search engine rankings. That is why I thought it would be good to remind you if you might have overlooked this fact. I know that you people are way way more experienced than me but I thought that you might have forgotten about this.

Anyways I know there must be a solution to the problems like using redirection etc and you must have thought about that already...
Ernest Friedman-Hill
author and iconoclast
Marshal

Originally posted by Ankit Garg:
That is why I thought it would be good to remind you if you might have overlooked this fact.

We will try not to be insulted by this. If we weren't considering this kind of issue, then we might have migrated years ago, yes?

In any case, you might want to go back and reread this thread from the beginning -- including, for example the third post, responding to the very first question which was asked.

[Jess in Action][AskingGoodQuestions]
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal

I'm going to lock this thread so there isn't further discussion. So far there has been exactly one question that needed to be asked before January 3rd. That question was "how do I save my private messages" and was answered on page one.

[Blog] [JavaRanch FAQ] [How To Ask Questions The Smart Way] [Book Promos]
Blogging on Certs: SCEA Part 1, Part 2 & 3, Core Spring 3, OCAJP, OCPJP beta, TOGAF part 1 and part 2

subject: New Year, New Forum Software