File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Cattle Drive and the fly likes It's too quiet in here Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » This Site » Cattle Drive
Bookmark "It Watch "It New topic
Author

It's too quiet in here

Amy Phillips
Ranch Hand

Currently suffering in Germany on Industrial Placement (8 weeks left of the year!) then back to UK to finish my Software Engineering degree.
Can't speak German so social life is currently lacking!
jason adam
Chicken Farmer ()
Ranch Hand

Just tell everyone yer a Strasse Eche Madchen, that will get your social life rolling
Elouise Kivineva
Ranch Hand

I do some translating work on the side. Recently was asked if I had time to do a big project & I replied "no way, no how".
I got back a reply with dozen files to translate, a due date and a message stating basically "Gee, that's unfortunate. PLEASE do it anyway."
So I've vanished from the cattle drive, our kitchen (got lotsa empty pizza boxes), and the after-work-on fridays watering hole.
Oh well, summer is coming and everything should slow down then. I'm going to try to get into the University here (Finland) and get a masters. Got the exam in June, so thumbs up!
Pauline McNamara
Sheriff

Maybe it would be good to send back a translation of just what "no way no how" means.
Good luck on your exam!
Michael Matola
whippersnapper
Ranch Hand

EK:
I'm going to try to get into the University here (Finland) and get a masters. Got the exam in June, so thumbs up!

Best of luck!
By the way, if you don't mind my asking, where are you in Finland?
(I've been on the campuses of the Helsinki University of Technology at Otaniemi and the University of Oulu -- just passing through.)
Elouise Kivineva
Ranch Hand

Everyone: Thanks for the wishes of good luck.
Michael: from the Pitk�-Jussi hotel we're about 15 km towards Kristiina on 67. The Kyr�njoki borders our back yard.
I'm trying to get into Tampere U. although a lot of the classes I've taken & prob. will take in the future are offered at their extension site in Sein�joki. The price of classes is -50% if you are a registered university student.
Michael Matola
whippersnapper
Ranch Hand

EK: From the Pitk�-Jussi hotel we're about 15 km towards Kristiina on 67. The Kyr�njoki borders our back yard.
Ok, I haven't been anywhere near your neck of the woods. Found the Pitk�-Jussi/Kurikka and route 67.
I passed through Sein�joki on a train (once going north, once going south), but the closest I've been is Tampere.
I've been to Finland twice. Once to Helsinki for a few days en route to Russia (1993). And the second time all over the place (2000). That was a weird trip -- almost 4 weeks and a lot of miles covered: Detroit - St. Petersburg - Helsinki - Rovaniemi - Inari - Rovaniemi - Oulu - Tampere - Helsinki - Tallinn - Tartu - P�rnu - Tallinn - Helsinki - Jyv�skyl� - Tampere (including Iittala and Nuutaj�rvi) - Turku - Stockholm - Uppsala - Stockholm - Detroit.
One of the reasons for the bizarre itinerary is that I met up with my wife and a friend partway through the trip so I had to do the things I was interested in when I was off on my own and wait until we were together before visiting the things we all wanted to do.
Helsinki is the only city I've arrived in or departed from using 4 modes of transport: air, bus, train, and boat. (But who keeps track of such things?)
Barry Gaunt
Ranch Hand

If you follow this and look halfway down you will find one of my other hobbies:
Don't laugh.
[ May 11, 2003: Message edited by: Barry Gaunt ]

Ask a Meaningful Question and HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch
Getting someone to think and try something out is much more useful than just telling them the answer.
Michael Matola
whippersnapper
Ranch Hand

BG: ...one of my other hobbies...
You must have someone take a picture and post that to the contact page.

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: It's too quiet in here