This week's book giveaway is in the Servlets forum.
We're giving away four copies of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP and have Joel Murach on-line!
See this thread for details.
The moose likes Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP) and the fly likes ExamLab for SCJP 6.0 is now released Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Programmer Certification (SCJP/OCPJP)
Reply locked New topic
Author

ExamLab for SCJP 6.0 is now released

Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Vyas Sanzgiri wrote:You said the answers get saved and we can retrieve it. But I am still not able to retrieve my old test. All I can see is the score!!

The new version includes a saving feature, but it can be used to save the score report (including the sectional analysis) only. Currently you cannot save question/answers.
And hay, I never said that it can save questions.

Founder of ExamLab and Systemup
See how I can help you to become an awesome programmer
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Chaitanya Jadhav wrote: Hi,

when i installing examlab 1.5 this error is coming

As shown by that screenshot, that error is about the JET driver installation. Can you try to launch the ExamLab application without installing JET driver?
Vyas Sanzgiri
Ranch Hand

oh boy what is the use of saving the results. I cannot print that certificate and show to the employer.

Thanks anyways

===Vyas Sanzgiri===
My Blog
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Well, IMO, saving results (score report) is a good practice so you can check your improvement on each mock exam, and you can understand your weak areas thorough the sectional analysis part. After the release of the first version of ExamLab, I received a lot of requests about to implement this feature to save their results, that is why I implemented it. Anyway I would appreciate your suggestion.

Kind Regards,

Devaka.
Vyas Sanzgiri
Ranch Hand

Thanks for the product Devaka. I love the tricky questions but I get less marks and hence I have given you feedback.
Eko Harmawan
Greenhorn

thank you devaka. Your exam lab is the best . Your question is insanely hard, but it's really fun. In the first test, I only score 43%.
Treimin Clark
Ranch Hand

There are no ExamLab SCWCD, SCDJWS, SCBCD,..... ???
Brian Legg
Ranch Hand

Tag!!

Thanks again Devaka, loved the last one so I'm sure this one is just as good.

SCJA
~Currently preparing for SCJP6
Chaitanya Jadhav
Ranch Hand

Devaka Cooray wrote:
Chaitanya Jadhav wrote: Hi,

when i installing examlab 1.5 this error is coming

As shown by that screenshot, that error is about the JET driver installation. Can you try to launch the ExamLab application without installing JET driver?

Yes dear i tried without JET driver but , not working ...
any other option.

SCJP 1.5 80%
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Treimin Clark wrote:There are no ExamLab SCWCD, SCDJWS, SCBCD,..... ???

Yes, ExamLab is currently available for SCJP exam only.
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Chaitanya Jadhav wrote:
Yes dear i tried without JET driver but , not working ...
any other option.

Hmmmm, if you are using Windows XP and having administrator privileges, it *should* work. Please give a try to uninstall that JET driver from "Add Remove Programs" and then install ExamLab without installing the JET driver.

Devaka.
Shivkant Pandey
Greenhorn

Thank you very much Devaka.

Love thy Duty, Reward is not thy concern
Byju Joy
Ranch Hand

Dear Devaka,
Thanks for the excellent exam software and more importantly the exam questions. Please make it compatible with Vista.
Ignoring the warning I did install it on Vista, but it didn't quite like some of the OS dlls. (...just for fun I reinstalled my Vista OS afterwards).

Do you plan to publish the questions in PDF format sometime?

Thanks
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Byju Joy wrote:Do you plan to publish the questions in PDF format sometime?

Never! Someone can easily violate my copyrights, if I publish them in PDF format (or any other format). Even though ExamLab is a freeware, those questions were copyrighted.

Devaka.
vuthlarhi donald
Ranch Hand

I hava a problem when trying to insall the exam lab, setup error 76, you must be log in as an administrator , before you can continue with the installation, but I tried to log in as an admin but the problem is stil not resolved...I have attached the screen shot...I am using windows xp by the way...help

[Download SCJP.0.bmp] Download

Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Can you tell me the value (percentage) of the progress bar, at the moment when you getting that error message?
vuthlarhi donald
Ranch Hand

the value of the status bar was at between 75-85...will be able to give the exact number when I am at home, because now i am at work....but If I were to take a guess now I will say 76
Ninad Kulkarni
Ranch Hand

Hi, Devaka
I will use your ExamLab for SCJP6.0

SCJP 5.0 - JavaRanch FAQ - Java Beginners FAQ - SCJP FAQ - SCJP Mock Tests - Tutorial - JavaSE7 - JavaEE6 -Generics FAQ - JLS - JVM Spec - Java FAQs - Smart Questions
vuthlarhi donald
Ranch Hand

Please help...wanna start having fun with these ExamLab...help me
the progress bar was at 77%...when the error occurs...which says that the setup cannot contiue , you must be loged in as an adminstator, before you can contiue with the istallation
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

vuthlarhi donald wrote:Please help...wanna start having fun with these ExamLab...help me
the progress bar was at 77%...when the error occurs...which says that the setup cannot contiue , you must be loged in as an adminstator, before you can contiue with the istallation

I've replied on your other thread. Please Use One Thread Per Question.
vikky agrawal
Ranch Hand

hey is there anything new in examlab for scjp 6.
i have gone through test in examlab 5
and in examlab 6 i just logged in and gone through some question
that was same as examlab 5???

scjp 6
http://algorithmsea.blogspot.com
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Please read the first message of this topic. There are more than 20 questions newly added to the ExamLab SCJP 6.0 version on java.io.Console, java.util.NavigableSet and java.util.NavigableMap. Many of the other questions are same as in the SCJP 5.0 version, but all of the *recognized* errors were resolved.

Cheers,

Devaka.
vikky agrawal
Ranch Hand

Thanks devka for providing such a invaluable mock exam simulator
and it really helped me to learn the basics and, the mistakes that was done
during mock exams really improved my basics and i got the most reason where i was
mistaking.
keep it up..

Heartily thanks..
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Thanks Vikky for your kind words.
Sharayu Narkar
Greenhorn

reji singh wrote:Thanks Ajith.

Devaka,

This is what I tried.

1) Removed the earlier installation
2) Ran installable again and exit the set-up when JET installation starts
3) Goto installation directoy and righ click on exec and choose properties.
4) Uncheck the Compatibility mode if not already unchecked
5) Right click the ExamLan exe and run the executable as administrator( or give user admin rights , i had given but did not work) so started as administrator. dont know what diff.. anyways it worked this way on Vista

Thanks. Just reached home and I guess , will be able to take diagnostic test on weekend

Hi raji,
Thanks for posting this. I have been trying this. I finally got it installed with help of your steps.
Thanks a lot

Sharayu
Chandana Garlapati
Ranch Hand

reji singh wrote:Thanks Ajith.

Devaka,

This is what I tried.

1) Removed the earlier installation
2) Ran installable again and exit the set-up when JET installation starts
3) Goto installation directoy and righ click on exec and choose properties.
4) Uncheck the Compatibility mode if not already unchecked
5) Right click the ExamLan exe and run the executable as administrator( or give user admin rights , i had given but did not work) so started as administrator. dont know what diff.. anyways it worked this way on Vista

Thanks. Just reached home and I guess , will be able to take diagnostic test on weekend

Thanks Reji...That was extremely helpful...I was successful in installing exam lab following your quoted steps on Vista-64 Home Premium....
Chad Turner
Greenhorn

Devaka,

Hi i have a question. I took the exam lab diagnostic test and the exam lab test on the diagnostic test i scored only 29% then 35% on the exam lab1 test. I was wondering if my score keeps progressing and if I'm able to score 50% on by the time i take the final exam. Do you think a score like that should have me prepared to pass the real test? The software says this but I guess my concern is that I will not be averaging 50% but may have earned this by the time I take the final exam. Just want to get your feedback about this.

Thanks

[devaka: removed unnecessary long quote]

Chad Turner SCJP 6
Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

Hi Chad,

Yes, you will pass. The thing is your ambition should be to be a good programmer, instead of passing the exam with minimum effort. Do never get discouraged by answering the questions wrongly - you can learn lot of things from them.

I've answered your same question here as well. It's always better to start a new topic for asking your questions, instead of appending them to existing topics

Since this topic was created for the purpose of announcing the release of ExamLab, I'm locking this one. Please start new topics for asking further questions.

Good luck,

Devaka Cooray

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: ExamLab for SCJP 6.0 is now released