wood burning stoves 2.0*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes Why we live? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "Why we live?" Watch "Why we live?" New topic
Author

Why we live?

Satish Chilukuri
Ranch Hand

I've been reading The Ancestors Tale by Richard Dawkins lately. He has a really beautiful way of looking at life. He says that the purpose of life can be seen as to propagate its genes. Genes are potentially immortal. As long as a life form reproduces and transfers its genes to its offspring, its genes get to live one more generation. The offspring then transfer their genes to their offspring and so on.

IMO the answer to the question "Why we live" is simple - to propagate our genes. Human intelligence and conscience are just a consequence of the process of maximizing gene survival.
[ September 19, 2007: Message edited by: Satish Chilukuri ]
Sri Anand
Ranch Hand

Dont break your head with so many questions

All the living beings on this earth dont have brain to think
but its the human being that has one to think to type we keep learning
the art of life from our ancestors and then enhance it share it with our sibblings , Life is not never ending.
As per some mythological stories of Ancient Hindu culture it keeps transforming from one form to other you may be a dog and then later be born as human,One leading a ideal life will break the cycle of life and death and his spirit merges with god and you have no life and hardships.
dennis zined
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by dennis zined:
who am i?

'i am what i am'

- Popeye The Sailor Man

SCJP 1.4<br />SCWCD 1.4
Arun Kumarr
Ranch Hand

Ha ha ha ...
Funny earthlings...

If you are not laughing at yourself, then you just didn't get the joke.
Sri Anand
Ranch Hand

did you find any answer ?
Marcelo Sena
Greenhorn

How do I understand Moksha?
[ March 24, 2008: Message edited by: Marcelo de Sena Lacerda ]
Marcelo Sena
Greenhorn

We live because we can, and because we want to.
Arvind Mahendra
Ranch Hand

Originally posted by Marcelo de Sena Lacerda:
How do I understand Moksha?

[ March 24, 2008: Message edited by: Marcelo de Sena Lacerda ]

By Understanding Nirvana

I want to be like marc
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand

Q. Why we live?
A. Because we are not dead.

Q. Why are we born?
A. Just like some one said, energy neither can be created not it can be destroyed. �We� are like energy, we just change our form (Yoni in Hindi) and we keep it changing to one of 74000 forms. One of the forms is human � said to be the best one � which we are currently in.

It is said that if we do good work we get to become human.
Ajith Prasad
Ranch Hand

This question is hard to answer, the one who realize himself will not speak such nasty stuff
Sri Anand
Ranch Hand

ooh no
R K Singh
Ranch Hand

"Thanks to Indian media who has over the period of time swiped out intellectual taste from mass Indian population." - Chetan Parekh
Vishal Hegde
Ranch Hand

If you are questioning why you are living , then definetly you are not enjoying your life.. You must be boredom and suddenly this thing must have popped in your head. Thats really a bad sign, start living life enjoy have fun and dont reason it out

http://www.lifesbizzare.blogspot.com || OCJP:81%
justin smythhe
Ranch Hand

For this:

Take it easy. When such questions come to my mind, I know its time to relax a little.
Mike Okri
Ranch Hand

Life is really not a big deal. It’s a big deal to us (humans) because it applies directly to us and we are intrigued by it, but in the context of the universe as a whole, it’s not that big a deal. It’s just one of the random “things” that exists in the universe. Other random things that exist in the universe include planets, stars, black holes, dark matter, dark energy and many more that we have not discovered yet. When you die you simply transform from one thing to another thing. Today, you’re part of the human race, tomorrow you could be part of a planet or star. All things in the universe (including consciousness) are composed of or result from matter and/or energy and evolve over time.

permaculture playing cards

subject: Why we live?