permaculture playing cards*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes I Want to Learn C As Additional Programming Language Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "I Want to Learn C As Additional Programming Language" Watch "I Want to Learn C As Additional Programming Language" New topic
Author

I Want to Learn C As Additional Programming Language

Devaka Cooray
ExamLab Creator
Saloon Keeper

So if you walk around presenting yourself as Java instructor and it turns out you don't even know C, you'll be the laughing stock of everyone with just a little insight into the field of computing.

In my view, this might be an old-day passion. If the instructor knows what he/she is going to teach and if he/she has some good experiences on that particular field, (like Java for a Java instructor), I don't think that person is going to be facing any trouble while instructing that subject. Anyone would not ask "how to do this in C" while someone is instructing the subject of Java.
Jeffry Kristianto Yanuar
Ranch Hand

Devaka Cooray wrote:Personally I never focused too much on languages other than Java.

Same on me

Jeffry Kristianto Yanuar
Ranch Hand

Devaka Cooray wrote:
In my view, this might be an old-day passion. If the instructor knows what he/she is going to teach and if he/she has some good experiences on that particular field, (like Java for a Java instructor), I don't think that person is going to be facing any trouble while instructing that subject. Anyone would not ask "how to do this in C" while someone is instructing the subject of Java.

You're right. In fact, I don't have any trouble when answering training participant's question. They also never ask how to do this in C or another language. When I am teaching PHP, they never ask how to do this in Servlet and JSP.

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: I Want to Learn C As Additional Programming Language