aspose file tools*
The moose likes Beginning Java and the fly likes If objects can't be passed.... Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Java » Beginning Java
Bookmark "If objects can Watch "If objects can New topic
Author

If objects can't be passed....

Janeice DelVecchio
Saloon Keeper

Alright... I think I'm having another roadblock with the object/reference situation, but I'm not sure how to fix my syntax.... here's some code snippets.

and...

I also know that ArrayLists aren't IDEAL... but the use of an "ArrayList" is specifically asked for in this project.

The problem is I'm getting 2 compiler errors....
  • 1: line 28 createScore cannot be applied to Arraylist
    2: a warning about unchecked/unsafe operations in QuizGrader.

• I think #1 has to do with me trying to send the ArrayList references to the ScoreIt class. Alright, I'm positive it does.... but what am I doing wrong??

... and I really thought I had it.
    --Janeice

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
    Fred Hamilton
    Ranch Hand

I would say the object named key needs to be of the same type as the first parameter of method createScore()
    Janeice DelVecchio
    Saloon Keeper

Fred Hamilton wrote:I would say the object named key needs to be of the same type as the firt paramter of createScore()

Good to see you here again, Fred.....

Lemme try that.....

Whoppee!! I have some other issues, but this fixes my main issue.

Guess I was closer than I thought.
    Thanks!
    /JD/
    Dan Walin
    Ranch Hand

I agree. I always need to see examples to really "get it". I just wanted to point out he importance of the deeper understanding because I have seen some coworkers who took short cuts, slapped something together that worked just fine - until problems start. Then they waste so much time not really knowing what to look for to fix the problem because they never really understood their own code.

subject: If objects can't be passed....