• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Serialization

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Chandella wrote:Hey Achilleas, I ended up here because I had exactly the same line of thought as you, and I wasn't very happy with the explanation in the book for why C wasn't correct. Class Dodge, as I see it, can be serialized because there is a way to do it.

Hello Chandella, we are all free to imagine-think-dream-assume-meditate whatever we like for SURE, now towards your preparations for the exams you MUST answer the questions you are asked 'AS-THEY-STAND'. I totally agree that stipulated concepts of java can vary according to circumstances...of course!.

For the purpose of the exams, you can be given a program where you have an abstract class and the ONLY thing you see is indeed an abstract class, and they ask you if it can be instantiated the answer is SIMPLY NO!.
However we all know that we can create an instance or static method in the abstract class and inside the method we can use an anonymous inner class to instantiate the abstract class(offcourse we also know what an anonymous inner class really is) Or we can use something similar to get an instance of a class with a PRIVATE constructor, the bottom line is IF THERE IS NO EXTRA CODE APPART FROM WHAT YOU CAN SEE, (a subclass whose super class has a private constructor).... choose compilation fails and move on.

Chandella wrote:
What I was wondering, rather, is whether Serialization had indeed been removed from the objectives. Is it confirmed? Can I stop studying for it and concentrate on the other chapters?

Serialization is confirmed NOT to be in the exams anymore, however if you have time study it, the more you know, the better equiped you are for your first job.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic