jQuery in Action, 2nd edition*
The moose likes Associate Certification (OCAJP 7) and the fly likes OCA Java 7 - preparing Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of Murach's Java Servlets and JSP this week in the Servlets forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Associate Certification (OCAJP 7)
Bookmark "OCA Java 7 - preparing" Watch "OCA Java 7 - preparing" New topic
Author

OCA Java 7 - preparing

Yuvi Gupta
Greenhorn

I have good hands on java, i want to go for OCAJP7 certification, my concept is clear but dont have any information which type of questions comes in OCAJP, is enthuware mock exam is sufficient for this. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks
Tyson Lindner
Ranch Hand

Robert Lippens wrote:Anyone working on those Enthuware practice exams? I just took my first one and got a lovely 52% :O Looks like I've got more studying to do than I'd hoped!

Enthuware is ridiculously hard, way harder than the actual exam. If you like java problems go for it, but otherwise you'll spend many extra hours (days in my case) over-preparing. I'm not sure if they were just playing it safe by making the practice tests harder or if they just loved coming up with long tricky problems, but the result was exams that were simply inaccurate portrayals of the actual exam.
Yuvi Gupta
Greenhorn

Thanks Tyson Lindner
Sveto Koychev
Greenhorn

I absolutely recommend this book, before you trying to certify Asociate Java 7 SE.
http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Associate-Programmer-Practice-ebook/dp/B007SA1GNU/

It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.

subject: OCA Java 7 - preparing