wood burning stoves*
The moose likes Meaningless Drivel and the fly likes What direction should our head point while sleeping? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Other » Meaningless Drivel
Bookmark "What direction should our head point while sleeping?" Watch "What direction should our head point while sleeping?" New topic
Author

What direction should our head point while sleeping?

Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal

Frank Silbermann wrote:I think the most important thing is that you should lie down in a direction that is roughly perpendicular to the radius of the earth.

Hmmm, then the Matrix is doing it correctly.

[Asking smart questions] [Bear's FrontMan] [About Bear] [Books by Bear]
Mike Simmons
Ranch Hand

Kind of hard to tell there.
Bear Bibeault
Author and ninkuma
Marshal

Mike Simmons wrote:Kind of hard to tell there.

Hmm, true. You have to know that the columns are perpendicular to the surface.

Or is that just what the Matrix wants us to believe?
Mike Anna
Ranch Hand

I wonder what direction my head bobs when am sleeping in my chair
If I am in a house which does not have a fan/ac, I will sleep with my head near the window. If it has air conditioning, then a blanket is all I need and I can tuck me self away as and how I wish.
Also, it depends on where the electrical sockets are since I like to keep my phone by my head (because I can set snooze for 3 minutes on my phone) and I like to charge it over the night.
When I was a kid I remember my dad consulting a Feng Shui expert for something. Course of conversation, he came with the picture of something which he said will keep the evil spirits away and if a normal person sees it for 5 seconds (or some duration), s/he will have a headache. Being what I was, I purposefully used to stare at that image for hours and it did nothing to me. As the minutes of the hours passed by, I used to wonder when on Earth am I supposed to get the headache ! I knew that piece of paper wasn't keeping no evil spirits away.
Ryan McGuire
Ranch Hand

Seetharaman Venkatasamy wrote:Hi folks, one of the old man in my village recently told me that put your head either east or south! need your input because I keep exactly opposite always! I asked him why? he replied, he was instructed by his parents... any input?

Sure, I'll add my two cents worth to the original post:

I usually sleep on my left side. If I sleep with my head to the north, then I'll be facing east, in which case the morning sun will shine right in my eyes. I much rather have my head to the south, face west and have the morning sun on the back of my head. Since our bedroom does indeed have an east-facing window, the morning sun really does come into play.

I used to think the day would never come
That my life would depend on the morning sun.

-- New Order

permaculture playing cards

subject: What direction should our head point while sleeping?