aspose file tools*
The moose likes Associate Certification (OCAJP 7/8) and the fly likes Updated: OCA 7 study materials Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Associate Certification (OCAJP 7/8)
Bookmark "Updated: OCA 7 study materials" Watch "Updated: OCA 7 study materials" New topic
Author

Updated: OCA 7 study materials

Meherdad Bomanbehram
Ranch Hand

Could someone recommend a good book for " Upgrade to Java SE 7 Programmer | 1Z0-805" .As I understand we are still waiting for Bert and Kathy. but till then What would be a comparable book to refer to ?

Thanks
-Meherdad
Roel De Nijs
Bartender

Meherdad Bomanbehram wrote:Could someone recommend a good book for " Upgrade to Java SE 7 Programmer | 1Z0-805" .As I understand we are still waiting for Bert and Kathy. but till then What would be a comparable book to refer to ?

Besides k&B7, I know Mala Gupta is also working on an OCPJP7 study guide. For the OCPJP7 it's slim pickings at this moment. As far as I know currently the only book you have is Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 7 Programmer Exams 1Z0-804 and 1Z0-805. I haven't read that one, so I don't know if it's good quality or not.

SCJA, SCJP (1.4 | 5.0 | 6.0), SCJD
http://www.javaroe.be/
Meherdad Bomanbehram
Ranch Hand

Thanks Roel.
Mohammed Amine Bagdouri
Greenhorn

Hello everyone,

Here is my summary for all points tested on the OCA Java SE 7 exam.
I got 93% with this document.
I very much recommend it.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/07tm53oaou63rae/OCA_Summary.pdf
Sergej Smoljanov
Ranch Hand

OCA Study Guide - Edward Finegan and Robert Liguori

this is good book has many errors if you want have experience to find it.
if you confusing with if then in java - your confusing become stronger.
one other of problem unreachable statements - author use IDE that correct some mistakes. People who use it in preparation must check all code that give author (javac/java - book has strong explanation how to use it - one that likes in book).
I will not recommend this book if you not ready to find mistakes in book.
ps. After quick review i decide not use this book in preparation.
Roel De Nijs
Bartender

Sergej Smoljanov wrote:
OCA Study Guide - Edward Finegan and Robert Liguori

this is good book has many errors if you want have experience to find it.

A study guide with many errors can never be a good book! A study guide is intended to learn people the concepts and syntax correctly and pass the exam, not to find mistakes in a book. It's of course through that you have good/excellent understanding of the exam topics if you can spot (and correct) mistakes in a study guide. But I prefer buying some mock exams to test my knowledge instead of a study guide trying to spot as many mistakes as possible

(Disclaimer: I didn't have read this study guide myself. The reviews on Amazon are very mixed: from 5 stars to just 1 star)
Andrea Black
Ranch Hand

OCA/OCP Java SE & Programmer I & II Study Guide by Sierra & Bates arrived from Amazon today, and I'm already reading and enjoying it!
Roel De Nijs
Bartender

Andrea Black wrote:OCA/OCP Java SE & Programmer I & II Study Guide by Sierra & Bates arrived from Amazon today

Added to the list (in the 1st post of this thread).
Filip Djuricic
Greenhorn

Guys i am planning to try and pass OCA in January, and OCP in May probably, is OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) by Kathy Sierra Good? Thanks in Advance!
Roel De Nijs
Bartender

Hi Filip,

First of all, a warm welcome to the CodeRanch!

Filip Djuricic wrote:is OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) by Kathy Sierra Good?

I think it's the best book on the market which covers both exams. I used these study guides myself to pass SCJP 1.4, 5.0 and 6.0.

Good luck!
Kind regards,
Roel
Filip Djuricic
Greenhorn

Roel De Nijs wrote:Hi Filip,

First of all, a warm welcome to the CodeRanch!

Filip Djuricic wrote:is OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) by Kathy Sierra Good?

I think it's the best book on the market which covers both exams. I used these study guides myself to pass SCJP 1.4, 5.0 and 6.0.

Good luck!
Kind regards,
Roel

Thanks Roel, i am definitely going to buy it.

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.

subject: Updated: OCA 7 study materials