File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
The moose likes Ranch Office and the fly likes I agree. Here's the link - kvetch Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » This Site » Ranch Office
Bookmark "I agree. Here Watch "I agree. Here New topic
Author

I agree. Here's the link - kvetch

Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal

Kenny,
Thanks for sharing that. As far as I know, you are the first to give that perspective. It's an interesting one.

[Blog] [JavaRanch FAQ] [How To Ask Questions The Smart Way] [Book Promos]
Blogging on Certs: SCEA Part 1, Part 2 & 3, Core Spring 3, OCAJP, OCPJP beta, TOGAF part 1 and part 2
Noah White
Greenhorn

This thread got me to create an account just so I could post about it :-)

I came to it because for a while now, when I on occasion visit a JavaRanch thread, I've seen the fake JRebel 'posts' and they really annoy me. I Google'd JRebel link spam wondering what other people thought about it because I thought they were just that, link spam posts that JRebel was making. This puts a sour taste in my mouth towards JRebel and while I am aware of their products I'm put off by their advertising approach in this case. After giving it more then the few seconds thought I had at that point I realized that clearly the operators of JavaRanch approve of this or else they would be fighting to clean it up.

Then I found this thread which lays things out.

I've got no problem with a site making some money from advertising. From my perspective though I would rather see an honest banner ad. I wouldn't have had the negative reaction to JRebel that I initially did in this case. It didn't get me to click on it, it just made me think they were a shady company.

FWIW I frequent Stack Overflow way more then any other resource site. Its for a number of reasons but one of them is the user eperience. They have a fantastic user eperience. No fake spam link posts, now sign up to / login to read the answer nonsense that some other sites have.

(and yes the ' 'yz key - can you guess which one - broke on my keyboard today)
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal

Noah White wrote: now sign up to / login to read the answer nonsense that some other sites have.

For what it's worth, we hate that too!

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: I agree. Here's the link - kvetch