aspose file tools*
The moose likes Bunkhouse Porch and the fly likes Best Java book you have read this year? Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login

Win a copy of EJB 3 in Action this week in the EJB and other Java EE Technologies forum!
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Books » Bunkhouse Porch
Bookmark "Best Java book you have read this year?" Watch "Best Java book you have read this year?" New topic
Author

Best Java book you have read this year?

michael JS hunter
Greenhorn

By far, and i mean by lots, the best book for Java development in 2005 is Wrox's book: Java JDK 5 Edition, ISBN: 0764574868.

This book cuts to the chase for real Java development unlike some other publishings that seem to dwell on API spec's that can easily be looked up online or thru your IDE.

I cannot single out one chapter as being better than the another because they're all very good. I came across this book as a mandatory text for my graduate class and was not disappointed. Sure I had a few years of Java development under my belt, but the authors really do outline basic Java 5 constructs and server side component development better than anyone out there. Not sure why the hypesters have not pushed this book like so many of the others out there chasing $$$....
Darya Akbari
Ranch Hand

K&B

Regards,
Darya

SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD
Pauline McNamara
Sheriff

"JS", formerly known as "michael hunter":

Please change your display name back to one that complies with the Java Ranch Naming Policy.

Thank you,
Pauline

I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools

subject: Best Java book you have read this year?