• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

http://beta.search.msn.com

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
What do you guys think about it?

i tried to search for my usual stuff, seemed very much like google..

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Rita Moore:
seemed very much like google..

I searched my name in google and it gave me the links to postings i made in javaranch, but search.msn doesn't ... so google has to be the better one

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by K Varun:

I searched my name in google and it gave me the links to postings i made in javaranch, but search.msn doesn't ... so google has to be the better one

If you append Javaranch to your name, then search.msn will return your Javaranch registration page. Google on the other hand will return your Javaranch registration page, even if you don't append Javaranch to your search.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
There's a discussion going on at slashdot, and there are questions being asked, if Micorsoft is actually using Google's search results behind the scene, unofficially, under the table, you know what I mean!

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if M$ did that, but they again, I don't care, because I am don't intent to use MS search anyway!

Sania Marsh
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Ashok Mash:

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if M$ did that, but they again, I don't care, because I am don't intent to use MS search anyway!

I'm not gonna talk to any of my friends who will use it (by the way is this political?)

Jesse Torres
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Rita Moore:

I'm not gonna talk to any of my friends who will use it (by the way is this political?)

Not at all. I am still going to primarily use Google. In fact, I am now using Mozilla's Firefox web browser for web surfing. I am tired of all the security problems that have plagued IE.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Microsoft is always late . so is this time .

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Ashok Mash:
There's a discussion going on at slashdot, and there are questions being asked, if Micorsoft is actually using Google's search results behind the scene, unofficially, under the table, you know what I mean!

Of course the slashdotkiddies (r)tm (p)(c) patent pending will stop at nothing to slag Microsoft and will not be afraid to resort to open lies and unfounded allegations in doing so...

The very fact that MSN search returns other results from Gooooooooogle should say enough...

Ashok Mash
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Jeroen Wenting:
Of course the slashdotkiddies (r)tm (p)(c) patent pending will stop at nothing to slag Microsoft and will not be afraid to resort to open lies and unfounded allegations in doing so...

The very fact that MSN search returns other results from Gooooooooogle should say enough...

Well, I agree that rumour might have been just that, a rumour, search MSN for 'more evil than satan' (here, it points to Google!

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic