• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Design Decisions Document

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
i'm try get SCJD certification and i have to implement urlybird 1.3.3 project. But i have many questions about the project, and the documentation is more dificult to me. I have not idea how to make the "design decisions document" and the "read me". Please anybody has a model? what will i write in these documents?

Bartender
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Fala ai, campeao (that's hey there, champ)!!!

You're brazilian, aren't you? If so, please join the crew of brazilian developers pursuiting this certification! If you have difficulties with english, feel free to send me your questions in portuguese (but then it would have to be in private, since the official language here in the ranch in english). Also, take the time to read the threads of discussion that go around here, they really really help.

There isn't exactly a "design decisions document", but there is a "choices" document, where you'll explain the most relevant decisions of your implementation. For instance, I chose to keep the database records in memory, and perform I/O operations only when the application starts and when it finishes, so this is something I addressed in this document. About the "user guide", you'll simply instruct people about how to use the application you built.

By the way, what's your favorite soccer team?

Thiago Melo
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
E aĆ­ cara (hey guy ),
you're right! i'm brazilian. Thank you very very much for your help, and don't worry because now i will send you many messages heheheeheh, in portugueses of course... i hope get succeed on exam. thanks brother

By the way, my favorite soccer team is Sport Recife. Because i'm pernambucano. You aren't corintiano, are you??? heheeh... if yes, sorry about "Copa do Brazil".

Roberto Perillo
Bartender
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Alright, champ! I'll be glad to help you!

By the way, I'm not corintiano.
My favorite soccer team is the only 3-time world champion, 3-time Libertadores champion and 6-time brazilian champion! That is: Sao Paulo!

I guess I've been abducted by space aliens. So unprofessional. They tried to probe me with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic