• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Why Glass Pane becomes visible when resizing JInternalFrame?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hello,
I've created a JFrame with JDesktop and one JInternalFrame on it. I've also added a glasspane (which draws a black circle only) to JFrame - it's invisible by default but when I resize JInternalFrame it shows up.. is this correct behavior? Why it is visible only when I resize and diappears when I release mouse button after resize? How I can make it invisible when resizing JInternalFrame? (Is removing JFrame's glasspane only solution?)After almost 2 days I've got no response here so I'm posting this on Sun's forum

Bartek Myszkowski
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Just if someone would like to know.. I've got reply on Sun's forum (I've marked this is cross-posting on both forums)

This is the reply:

Darryl.Burke wrote:Whether this is "correct" behavior or not may be debatable, but it's certainly expected behavior. From the source of javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicInternalFrameUI.BorderListener.mousePressed (towards the end of the method)The glass pane is made visible to show the resize cursor.

It's set back to visible(false) in finishMouseReleased() which is invoked from mouseRelease and elsewhere (e;g; from cancelResize which is invoked from windowLostFocus)

Looks like you can't use the glass pane for whatever you had planned, the Swing designers have already used it for something else. Or this could be a workaround, depending on exactly what it is you're trying to do.You could also declare and use a boolean flag, rather than using isOpaque (which may happen to be set/reset somewhere else in the Swing code ;-)

db

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
i don't think the proposed solution work.... just curiouse, do you come up with other way to deal with the glasspane?

Bartender
Netbeans IDE Opera Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

luri ron wrote:i don't think <snip/>

There, corrected it.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic