• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Google Android Development in your Country

Ranch Hand
Android Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I just wanted to share some of my thoughts country which is in the Philippines, i started to know Google Android from a colleague and eventually i had the chance to study it and made some apps for it, it is by that time when Google came to the Philippines and held the Google DevFest Manila, and i was selected to present something in which case it was the Android (i had an app and told them about it and its functions and supporting API) , we were two presentors for Android but he only proposed his Android App idea and some overview of it! I did an overview but that is a different talk i think. From there i knew that Android here in the Philippines is still not well known, and yet there are people like me who knew this and developing apps for it, i also started to build a groups in google for our local android devs. I wanted to share my thoughts,ideas, and promote more on Android because i think this Technology will shape the world like Java did! They have the power to make fantastic apps and now not even MObile Desktop OS are emerging.

From this point i hope i can find more Android Developers here in the Philippines and collaborate with them about Android. We actually had the 1st Android Hackathons by our local community and it was supported by a Google Consultant here in the Phils. i wasn't able to make it back then because of the location but i heard they are going to make another event, my technical manager was one of the organizer so i knew everything about it and we were the only Android Dev here in the office i am working! Hopefully i will continue to share my Android Experiences together with the Filipino community for us to make Android one of a kind in the history of computing!

PS: Although right now i stopped coding in Android(im in a company that do j2ee -j2me apps; im doing j2ee now) i always tend to update myself into it reading a book right now about Android Development so that i can still refresh and learn new more things about it,Unfortunately Google still wasn't able to put the Philippines to its country list for selling ADP1 i am still waiting Google!

Michael Rivera
Ranch Hand
Android Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
From asian countries, i think India is the most active for Android! just my two cents here

Michael Rivera
Ranch Hand
Android Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Great Acer A1 is coming this September

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic