• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

New Java (for now) free remote learning site

Ranch Hand
Hibernate Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

Being unemployed right now like many others, I decided the best way to maintain my Java web development skills was to fully build and deploy my own web site.
It is a free Tutorials directory, for now much Java-oriented, but it should cover almost every IT aspect when there are enough contributors.
It obeys to Open Knowledge principle: put some notes on a common web site which will become a real Tutorial after some moment when enough people have done the same, you share your knowledge with the others and in return benefit from theirs, the same than Open Source but applied to your IT experience.
All tutorials are and will remain free (you can right-click and save any HTML page as for any other web page, so there can't be any protection).

I need not only contributors, but too some beta-testers at: EthicJobs, I fixed most of bugs but some may still have gone unnoticed, and I need feedback from users for look-and-feel, usability, usefulness of this site, etc...

The Tutorials page looks like that:

Please use my site and provide me feedback at info@ethicjobs.com or eric.lemaitre@gmail.com so that I know what can be improved.

TIA all, best regards.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic