• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Drag and drop and cut, copy, paste between awt / swing and swt.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Greetings all!

My Project Team and I are developing an Eclipse / SWT based application that also uses Swing components (like NASA's World Wind). I need to support cut, copy, paste and drag and drop of custom objects between awt / swing and swt. I have found many examples of crating custom Swing DataFlavors and custom SWT ByteArrayTransfer classes for custom types. I can get DND and CCP to work between Swing <-> Swing and between SWT <-> SWT, but I can not get DND or CCP between Swing <-> SWT. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried creating many variations of DataFlavors using serialized java objects, mime times etc but they just don't seem to be compatible.

The key point here is that I am trying to create custom DND / CCP Swing DataFlavors and SWT Transfer types, rather than use the standard Text types.

I have spent much time on this and I have gotten nowhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Greg Pirsig.

After some pecan pie, you might want to cleanse your palatte with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic