• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Microsoft .NET Framework - Application Development Foundation (exam 70-536)

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
So I finally nailed this thing! I got the 70-528 back in January.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-536.aspx

How I did it....
I used the MS Press book for the 70-536 (isbn: 0-7356-2277-9 ). I studied for about 3 months, reading the book 3 times. I took MANY practice tests with the software provided by the book. it should be noted that I've written several smaller programs and have professionally worked in c# over the last 15 months.

This was a tough exam in the sense that the questions are often bloated (keeps from memorization) as are the answers. There were many questions related to collections, application domains, application security, serialization, and application configuration settings -- the things you may not be most familiar with. Not very many easy questions like what's the range for int, uint, etc, like you might find in the scjp/scja.

Anyways, that's probably not too informative, but I wanted a place to post my pass anyhow. So I'm now MCTS in web-dev 2.0!!!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats What is your score?

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic