• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

problem in displaying the list

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I want to display a list of items. When I select 1st item the sub-items of it should come above the 2nd item. eg

• Apparel
  • Shoe Accessiores

• when I click on Apparels the items coming under it should come above shoe Accessiores. And when i click on Shoe Accessiores all the items of appaerls should be disapeared.
    Right now code what ever I have written is displaying everythin under Shoe Accessiores. And after I select the 2nd item the first items cirles do remain
    I am not sure whether this can be done using struts or javascripts.

Ranch Hand
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
      Number of slices to send:
      Optional 'thank-you' note:
    • Report post to moderator
    Your need Javascript to dynamically modify the subitems' select box whenever onchange event triggered for the 1st Select box. Or, if you insist not to write Javascript, submit a request to fetch a page with the proper subitem select box whenever 1st Select Box onchange event triggered - but writing javascript is much prefered.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic