• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

need to know about classpath and path variable

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
When I run setWLSEnv.cmd (located in WL_HOME/server/bin) I get the following message on my console...

CLASSPATH=E:\bea\patch_weblogic922\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblo
gic_patch.jar;E:\bea\JROCKI~1\lib\tools.jar;E:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\weblogic_
sp.jar;E:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\weblogic.jar;E:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\webser
vices.jar;D:\softwares\xmlbeans-2.4.0\lib\xbean.jar

PATH=E:\bea\patch_weblogic922\profiles\default\native;E:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\nat
ive\win\32;E:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\bin;E:\bea\JROCKI~1\jre\bin;E:\bea\JROCKI~1\bi
n;E:\Java\jdk1.5.0_12\bin;E:\Ant\Ant-1.7.1\bin\ant.bat;E:\oracle\product\10.1.0\
db_1\bin;E:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_1\jre\1.4.2\bin\client;E:\oracle\product\10
.1.0\db_1\jre\1.4.2\bin;E:\Java\jdk1.5.0_12;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\
System32\Wbem;E:\maven-2.0.6\bin;C:\Program Files\Windows Imaging\;E:\Ant\Ant-1.
7.1\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\bin\;C:\Program Files\MyS
QL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin;D:\server\jboss\jboss-4.0.2\bin;D:\softwares\xmlbeans-2.
4.0\bin;C:\GlassFishESB\glassfish\bin;E:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\native\win\32\oci920_8

Your environment has been set.

My querries are...

1)What the symobol (~) signifies?

2)There's no any physical path E:\bea\patch_weblogic922\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar
I checked it on my machine. What does it mean then?

3)How can I set these settings in my Ant build script?

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

nandini lagunia wrote:

1)What the symobol (~) signifies?

Windows uses that symbol when there are too many characters to display. Like Progra~1 instead of Program Files. No big deal

nandini lagunia wrote:

2)There's no any physical path E:\bea\patch_weblogic922\profiles\default\sys_manifest_classpath\weblogic_patch.jar
I checked it on my machine. What does it mean then?

Perhaps it is a mapped drive. Check if this actually points to some other location.

nandini lagunia wrote:

3)How can I set these settings in my Ant build script?

There is a weblogic compilation task. It should be capable of accepting path and classpath information

nandini lagunia
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for addressing my queries...

I still have a couple of questions.

1) Can I write "E:\bea\weblogic92\server\lib\webservices.jar" instead of "E:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\webservices.jar"??

2)What do you mean by mapped drive??
I get the same message on my laptop (which is standalone) when I execute setWLSEnv.cmd
I couldn't find any physical path corresponding to E:\bea\patch_weblogic922

3) I know that for running weblogic server I've to set WL_HOME and BEA_HOME variable. Do I need to set any more system varaible
for running the server using Ant build script? Do I need to set CLASSPATH variable too? If yes what would be the value??

Deepak Bala
Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Running the server from weblogic workshop is the easiest thing to do.

1) Can I write "E:\bea\weblogic92\server\lib\webservices.jar" instead of "E:\bea\WEBLOG~1\server\lib\webservices.jar"??

Yes

2)What do you mean by mapped drive??

A mapped drive is one that exists logically but not necessarily physically. Do a google search and you should be able to find some examples.

3) I know that for running weblogic server I've to set WL_HOME and BEA_HOME variable. Do I need to set any more system varaible
for running the server using Ant build script? Do I need to set CLASSPATH variable too? If yes what would be the value??

Its hard to say. Try running it from weblogic workshop. The GUI will set classpath / path etc for you. It makes your job easy

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic