• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

which exam to appear at??

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
i want to do oracle certification..oca , i am always confused about which version to take?? 9i or 10g or 11g?? if 11g is the latest, then why 9i is still available as certification exam?? please kindly share your information about this

Bartender
Android Google Web Toolkit Mac Eclipse IDE Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Abhiskeh,

I think this question will be better suited for the dedicated Oracle forum, where all the Oracle experts will be able to offer you better and practical suggestions.
Moving.

abhishek kunal
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
ya right, even i felt so, as i was learning in conjunction with java...in context with jdbc,so it appeared relevant to me to ask here... ..anyways thanks...i am giving it try on oracle forums...

Maneesh Godbole
Bartender
Android Google Web Toolkit Mac Eclipse IDE Ubuntu Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

abhishek kunal wrote:...i am giving it try on oracle forums...

Please do not open a new thread for the same question. I have already moved this thread to the Oracle forum.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

abhishek kunal wrote:i want to do oracle certification..oca , i am always confused about which version to take?? 9i or 10g or 11g?? if 11g is the latest, then why 9i is still available as certification exam?? please kindly share your information about this

Unless you have a reason not to, the latest is generally the best. It makes sense to keep older versions arond for people who use that version of the tool. If you use 10g every day, you'd prefer a 10g exam. 9i seems a bit old - they should retire it already.

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi, abhishek kunal.
Oracle certifications are tangible, industry-recognized credentials that can help you succeed in your IT career and provide measurable benefits to your employer.
Oracle certifications are a reliable validation of training and experience that can accelerate your professional development, improve your productivity, and enhance your credibility.
For IT professionals and managers, each Oracle certification level signifies a benchmark of experience and expertise recognized for its value and relevance in the IT industry. Today there are over 440,000 Oracle Certified Professionals worldwide.

Sheriff
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Samuel, next time, please link to the page that you copy/pasted your text from. (for example, here).

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic