• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Can someone test my game again?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Can someone test my game again and tell me if they still have problems? Please? Thank you.
Instructions

Step 1. Click on link: http://blogfriendlyzone.webs.com/wof/WOF.html

Step 2. Click "Start a New Game" button that is located on the left bottom of the game controls.

A panel of letters appears at the top panel.

All players have 0 amount of money and thus cannot buy a vowel.

Step 3. Player 1 must clicks on "Spin The Wheel".

When the wheels stops, the result appears in the right black square border of the color wheel.

If the result is BRT, the player loses all his money. The game advances to the next player.

If the result is LT, the player loses his turn and the game advances to the next player.

Step 4. If the result is a number, eg. 100, the player must enter a consonant. If the consonant is in the phrase, the player must enter a consonant that appears in the phrase.

For every consonant found in the phrase, the player collects the number of letters found in the phrase multiplied by result number.

e.g. If your spin result is 100 and you choose 'n' and if there are 3 'n's in the phrase, you get to collect 3x100 = 300.

If the consonant is not in the phrase, the game advances to the next player. Also, if you enter a consonant that is already revealed on the phrase panel, you get 0 and the play advances to the next player.

Step 5. To Buy a Vowel:

The player must have at least $50 to buy a vowel.
If the vowel is in the phrase, the letter is revealed. If the vowel is not in the phrase, the game advances to the next player.

A vowel is 'a', 'e', 'o', 'i', 'u'.

Only 50 is subtracted for a vowel bought regardless if 0-many vowels are found in the phrase.

Step 6. Solve The Puzzle

When more letters are revealed and the player wishes to solve the puzzle,
the player must first click on the "Solve The Puzzle" button. Then she/he must enter the exact phrase into the input text below. He/she must include punctuations and a single space between each word in the phrase. Capitals are not necessary.

If the user's answer is correct, the phrase panel reveals the phrase and the player gets to keep all his money while the rest of the players lose their money for that round.

If the user input is not correct, the game advances to the next player.

Step 7. Show Accumulated Points

Clicking on "Show Accumulated Points" shows the accumulated scores in the message Display box for all the players accumulated so far currently.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Python Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Cannot enter the consonant.....

Ana Suvari
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Nitish - thanks for letting me know that.

Now, can you and anyone who cannot enter a consonant, refresh the page, and click New Game and then choose Solve The Puzzle and then enter inside the textbox below and see if you can enter something inside that textbox or not?
If you can, i will convert the keyListener to inputting inside a textbox.

Thanks.

Bartender
IntelliJ IDE Python Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I can play the game, it is real good :-) I love the dancing smilies.

Environment:
Windows Vista 64, Java 6, Chrome browser.

Ana Suvari
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Okay, those who said they couldn't enter a character, please try the following link and let me know if you have problems now?

http://blogfriendlyzone.webs.com/wofkey121/WOF.html

Steve - Thanks for trying it out for me.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic