• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Basic WS queries

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am novice to web services.

As we have many frameworks (AXIS, AXIS2, CXF and Xfire etc) to write web services.
1. With respective to the certification on which framework we need develop/learn web services.
2. I need to start my 1st web service program. Can I have good step-by-step explanation link or material to implement pleas?
3. I am planning to appear for certification, so I would like to learn basic web services first then planning to study deeply contents, Am I correct?
4. I am planning to appear in December, will it be sufficient, please suggest

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
For learning the Web service go thro' the edocs of weblogic. and also go thro' some jsr's like jsr-181, jsr-109 and .....

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi!
I strongly recommend working with GlassFish when preparing for the certification for the following reasons:
  • It uses the JAX-WS reference implementation web services stack Metro.
    This ensures that the things to learn when developing example programs etc. is according to the specification.
  • GlassFish is very easy to work with with a very nice administration console, a web service testing tool etc.

• If you also want to choose the development environment in which to prepare for the exam, I would suggest Eclipse before NetBeans, except when working with WSIT and WS security. This because the tooling in NetBeans is a little too good - in Eclipse you are forced to deal with things at a lower level. NetBeans has nice tooling for configuring WS-Policy, which you can use, since this is something you do not have to be able to do by hand for the test.
    Also do take a look at my study notes if you are to go for SCDJWS 5 - they are available here on JavaRanch in the SCDJWS Links section. Except for a lot of practical examples, there are also references to specifications etc.
    Best wishes!

Amruth Puppala
    Ranch Hand
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    Hi Thanks so much for your valuable response.
    I am glad that I got response from the great Ivan Krizsan , thank you very much .

Thanks ramu for your response, but your response was not complete so I couldn't get it.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
      Bookmark Topic Watch Topic