• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JPQL Tutorials

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hey ranchers,
I've been going through the Enthuware questions and finding that I suck the most at JPQL. It's mainly the semantics of queries and a small amount of the actual syntax that I struggle with. It's frustrating because I think it's more of a Database orientated topic more than Java

Since it's on the exam though I have to get good at it, so can any one recommend a good practical tutorial for JPQL? Please don't say 'specs' or websites that just go through examples of the syntax. I need a tutorial which gets you to write queries and experiment with them, hands on learning is what really sinks the knowledge in.

Cheers,
Ross

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Ross,

Try this one: http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/bnbtg.html

Regards,
Krzysiek

Enthuware Software Support
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Ross Crockett wrote:Hey ranchers,
I've been going through the Enthuware questions and finding that I suck the most at JPQL. It's mainly the semantics of queries and a small amount of the actual syntax that I struggle with. It's frustrating because I think it's more of a Database orientated topic more than Java

Since it's on the exam though I have to get good at it, so can any one recommend a good practical tutorial for JPQL? Please don't say 'specs' or websites that just go through examples of the syntax. I need a tutorial which gets you to write queries and experiment with them, hands on learning is what really sinks the knowledge in.

Cheers,
Ross

Hi Ross,
Besides going through any tutorial that you may find, I would suggest developing a simple application that allows you to try out various queries and displays the resut. Since you are using our EJB+ simulator, you might want to use the toy application that comes with it. It provides a simple GUI that lets you enter queries and shows you the output. All the queries used in the simulator were tested using the same application. The code is very simple so you can easily go through it and modify it as well.

HTH,
Paul.

To do a great right, do a little wrong - shakepeare. twisted little ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic