• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Webservice calling

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everyone,

I am in mid of a implementation using Flex and Webservices. From the server side, i will be getting XML files then i have to parse the file and display it using Flex. As webservice is the medium used to access server, I woulbe sending and receiving .wsdl file format. Though the .wsdl is the wrapper around of XML, the file extension is varying from the .XML.

How to resolve this issue? Should I convert .wsdl into .xml and send to the server and viceversa.?

Kindly help me out.

Thanks,
Ram

Rancher
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

I woulbe sending and receiving .wsdl file format. Though the .wsdl is the wrapper around of XML, the file extension is varying from the .XML.

A WSDL file is a description of a web service, not a device to send anything, or a wrapper around anything. The only places where I could see the value of transferring WSDLs around would be very unlikely to involve a Flex GUI. Can you provide some more detail of what you're trying to do?

Should I convert .wsdl into .xml

WSDL *is* XML - there's nothing to convert. But then -see above- I don't understand what you mean by "sending and receiving .wsdl file format".

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic