• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problem with xmlhttp.responseXML

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi I am trying a Simple Ajax Example of Populating a DropDown depending upon the value selected.... It looks pretty Starighforward.. I did most of the changes since last couple of day ....but still not able to identify the problem yet....

This is my JS Code

My HTML CODE

Any Help would be appreciated I am clueless that why I am not getting the XML request Back the code looks ok to me ... even the content type is set to text/xml

Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Please be sure to use code tags when posting code to the forums. Unformatted code is extremely hard to read and many people that might be able to help you will just move along to posts that are easier to read. Please read this for more information.

You can go back and change your post to add code tags by clicking the button on your post.

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
For some unfathomable reason you are outputting that data from Java scriptlets in a JSP. It would have been much simpler to just use a servlet containing that code. But more to the point, since it's a JSP maybe the container sensibly assumes you're going to use it to output HTML and therefore sets the content type to text/html? At any rate you should check at the client end to see what content type you are actually getting.

Ameya Thakur
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
thanks for the updates .. I would write a servlet and check it ... apart from that do you see any issues in the code or it is just the container which is setting the output back to html.... is there any way where in we can enforce this behaviour through servlet as I have already set the content type in the JSP

I just looked in the genertated class and here it is .... it sets the content type back to html

Is there any other way in which we can achieve this is JSP ?

Bear Bibeault
Sheriff
Mac Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE jQuery TypeScript Java iOS
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
You've already been asked to use code tags once.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic