• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Tomcat 5.0 Console Monitor option

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I liked the way when a dos console window would start when starting Tomcat 4.x. But with Tomcat 5.0, it basically calls the tomcatw.exe application and an icon appears in the system tray (I'm using Windows XP home edition). Evertime I want to see system messages I have to look at the tomcat log file which is not as much convenient as having a console window showing the messages right away.
One of the menu options in the system tray icon (if you left click on it) is console monitor but every time I click on that option I get the typical win xp error dialogue box that sends the error report to microsoft. Do I need to change some configuration option etc to be able to see the console monitor window? What's causing this error? Thanks.

A Wolfe
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Oops... I'm sorry I posted in the wrong forum by mistake. I meant to post it in Tomcat forum.

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic