• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Webservice goes down after redeploy

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have a java web application running on WebLogic 10.1 and I have a webservice configured.
The webservice works fine, but everytime I redeploy my app and hit the F5 key on the web browser, my webservice goes down.
This is the stacktrace I get when I call the WSDL then:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at weblogic.wsee.jaxws.JAXWSServlet.init(JAXWSServlet.java:53)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:241)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletInitAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:282)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.createServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:63)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.createOneInstance(StubLifecycleHelper.java:58)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.(StubLifecycleHelper.java:48)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:504)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.checkForReload(ServletStubImpl.java:435)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:232)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3367)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2117)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2023)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1359)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)

Any help is appreciated.

Bartender
MyEclipse IDE Firefox Browser Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Surely there is a related stack trace ? Does your web service throw anything ?

Carlos HerreraT
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
When I call the WS from a client app that I have, I get this:

Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost/fin/ImportDataWS.wsloc?wsdl
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.createReader(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:164)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.parseWSDL(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:190)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.parse(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:68)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.wsdl.WSDLContext.<init>(WSDLContext.java:59)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.ServiceContextBuilder.build(ServiceContextBuilder.java:62)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.WSServiceDelegate.<init>(WSServiceDelegate.java:125)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.spi.ProviderImpl.createServiceDelegate(ProviderImpl.java:52)
at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:57)
at com.neogrid.efinancecob.webservices.ImportDataWSService.<init>(ImportDataWSService.java:44)
at com.neogrid.efinancecob.webservices.client.ImportDataWSClient.main(ImportDataWSClient.java:21)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: http://localhost/fin/ImportDataWS.wsloc?wsdl
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1241)
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1009)
at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.wsdl.parser.RuntimeWSDLParser.createReader(RuntimeWSDLParser.java:161)
... 9 more

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If the web service code / war can be posted here can you do that ? It looks to me like the WSDL cannot be parsed but that could have resulted from the WSDL not being available at all or an error in the WSDL.

Carlos HerreraT
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Deepak, that's exactly what's happening, I think. The webservice is simply not avaible when we try to call it.
But we discovered something. Apparently the webservice is going down every time the application re-compiles a custom tag. This happens when we hit the F5 key.
I'm gonna try to find a way to prevent this.

Any ideias are very appreciated.

Carlos HerreraT
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Solved the problem by reprogramming the webservice by following this guide: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E12840_01/wls/docs103/webserv/setenv.html
The problem hasn't happened again, but I couldn't identify what was the specific thing that was causing it.

Thanks for the help Deepak

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thank you for sharing the solution. Glad to be of help

Carlos HerreraT
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Back again.
After a couple of happy days, the webservice went down again. Only this time a message is being logged into weblogic's console:

"Warning: Reloading classes in application myapp failed due to change of annotations on a refreshed class. Modified or new annotations will not be processed during Servlet reload as they involve a non-dynamic change. Please redeploy the application for these annotations to be processed."

Sometimes the webservice goes down with this, other times it does not.
Sometimes when I reload the application through F5 I get the warning on the concole, sometimes I don't.
I'm going to search around the web for anyone who's had the same problem, but decided it was a good ideia to post here again as well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carlos HerreraT
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Solved the problem by changing the deployment descriptor of my web application.
On weblogic's console, under Deployments I opened my application's web module. Then under Configurations I changed the Servlet Reload Check option to '-1'.
That did it.

Deepak Bala
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I was not aware that you could prevent reloads. Glad that it worked out for you. Thanks for sharing the solution

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic