• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

SCDJWS for JEE6

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Does anyone know when a certification for SCDJWS is available for Java6/JEE6 ?
According to sun/oracle training is now soon to be released for JEE6 (http://www.sun.com/training/upcoming_java_ee_6.html)
I`m planning to take my certification sometime in May, and i would like to take it for Java6 if possible!

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi,

If you notice the comment at the bottom of this page, nothing is confirmed yet.I am also preparing for SCDJWS and if there are available vouchers, I will take SCDJWS 1.5.

Oracle is reviewing the Sun product roadmap and will provide guidance to customers in accordance with Oracle's standard product communication policies. Any resulting features and timing of release of such features as determined by Oracle's review of roadmaps, are at the sole discretion of Oracle. All product roadmap information, whether communicated by Sun Microsystems or by Oracle, does not represent a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions. It is intended for information purposes only, and may not be incorporated into any contract.

Oracle , Sun, Prometric are not releasing any information or intentions about the future of Sun Certifications.

Hans Jacob Melby
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
shoot.. I was hoping to get the JEE6 certification, but I can allways take an upgrade exam later :-) Thanks for the response :-)
Now i just have to buy a voucher for 1.5 :-)

Ranch Hand
Spring Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi folks
In my humble opinion is... the most important point is you be certificated dont matter which version !!! because always there will be a new one.
Nowadays we have 5.0 !! So I'm studing
Regards

Hans Jacob Melby
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I agree with you all. The most important thing is to take a certification. That said i work as a consultant and I belive i am more "valuable" for the client if my certifications are up to date...Of coause depending on the clients sw and java version of cause..
Another point to remember is that the time and effort to take an exam is great, so If i can "save" myself for an upgrade exam i would definitely do so..My company gives me 10 hours of study for each sertification. Anything more that that, I have to do on my own time. 10 hours is not a lot when it comes to SCDJWS, but it it still worth it, cause I am interested in the subject and i like to stay "sharp"..
My plan is to take one certification each year..just to stay focused and up to date..After SCJDWS I`m going for SCEA :-)

Fernando Franzini
Ranch Hand
Spring Java Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Good Luck Hans
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic