• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Urgent....please HELP....Different user Multiple submission problem

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all:
I have posted earlier about the usage of saveToken() and check isTokenValid(request) method. Because I wanted to make sure that the user doesn't click the "submit" button twice. I managed to achieve that, However what I want is the following:

suppose the user press the "submit" button more than once. The thread that executes the first request still runs, but has no means of providing its response to the browser. Hence, the user may be left with the impression that the transaction did not complete, while in reality, it may have successfully completed.

So I would like to know if there can be a complete solution that prevents duplicate submission and still ensures the display of a response that represents the original request's outcome.

some of you may suggest me to look at the article on JavaWorld
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javatips/jw-javatip136.html

I have indeed, and downloaded their example and I ran it on my local app server, it DOESN"T claim to do what it is supposed to do, I clicke on the "OK" button more than once, and the second request just brings me to an empty page, because the ActionForward object returns NULL.

So if anyone, has solved this problem before, please do let me know...

I'd truly appreciate it...

Again, I would like to thank everyone for their time in advance.

Many thanks....

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic