• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Still getting book promo emails

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm still getting those even though I've turned off email notifications in my profile. Please someone explain

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Could you have another account that forwards to the address of your main account?

Unnar Björnsson
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Could you have another account that forwards to the address of your main account?

Well I did make another account sometime ago when I couldn´t remember my password for this one but that is linked to a different email address, it must be since different accounts can´t share the same email address

Unnar Björnsson
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Unnar Björnsson wrote:

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Could you have another account that forwards to the address of your main account?

Well I did make another account sometime ago when I couldn´t remember my password for this one but that is linked to a different email address, it must be since different accounts can´t share the same email address

Well what do you know, that account did share the same email address, I think that should settle that, now that I have turned off the email notification on that account too.

Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Unnar Björnsson wrote:Well what do you know, that account did share the same email address, I think that should settle that, now that I have turned off the email notification on that account too.

I'm glad you found the cause of the mystery. Accounts were allowed to have the same e-mail prior to January 2009 so I'm not surprised you were able to have two accounts with the same e-mail.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic