• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Spring Moving Up??

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've never used spring or any of the other IoC or dependency interjection type frameworks, but I like the concepts. The reason my company doesn't use them is because we are a state agency and state agencies tend to be safe. If it isn't put out by IBM or Oracle, we might not ever get to use it. Those companies are pushing heavy frameworks for self-serving purposes. Do you think there will ever come a day when the IBMs and Oracles of this world will embrace and incorporate the Springs of this world? Does this question go against the rules of dependency interjection altogether?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Why state agencies doesnt want to implement any frameworks?

Most of the state agencies projects are developed by vendors and they are the deciding factors whether to got with any framework or not. Am i right?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Alan I think the things will go the other way around: meaning Spring (or other frameworks) will try to incorporate more and more plugin functionaliy provided by big solutions.

./pope

Alexandru Popescu
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Mary Wallace:

Most of the state agencies projects are developed by vendors and they are the deciding factors whether to got with any framework or not. Am i right?

I think the decission is more business/financial. Moreover many companies are behind the times in that they do not understand very well the power behind open source solutions with great communities.

./pope

Alan Peltz
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Mary Wallace:

We develop most of our projects in house, but don't have the freedom to use whatever we want. There are restrictions and processes before we do anything.

As far as my initial question goes. I like some of the drag-and-drop programming things I see in JDeveloper and other products like that. Do you ever see an IDE making a drag-and-drop type interface without using heavy frameworks and EJBs?

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic